Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been eyeballing these things for a few weeks. Last week it was $345. Delay cost me another $21.

Had to jump before the price went up again.

Just wanted ya'll to know, you are NOT alone. It happens.

Screenshot at 2018-02-11 16-18-40.png

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Is it just the pic (or just me) or is it a commander sized?

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Premium Member
13,458 Posts
You can never have too many 1911s. I've looked at that ATI and also the Rock Island. I like the hammer spur on the Rock Island, but there are things to like about both. Congrats!!

·
Registered
24,898 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a commander size. Little easier to carry than a full size.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just the pic (or just me) or is it a commander sized?
It's a commander size. Little easier to carry.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice pistol!

NEVER a weakness when it's a 1911!!

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
You can never have too many 1911s. I've looked at that ATI and also the Rock Island. I like the hammer spur on the Rock Island, but there are things to like about both. Congrats!!
Ditto. I do not have a 1911 and have been eyeballing the RIA and now the ATI. Got $25 gift card from Cabela's that I might have to put to use.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ditto. I do not have a 1911 and have been eyeballing the RIA and now the ATI. Got $25 gift card from Cabela's that I might have to put to use.
Yesterday I was at Cablea's. The one deal they had was a new SCCY CPX-2 for $199.00

Otherwise I've not seen much at Cabela's gun wise I'd even begin to consider a good deal.

I did the NRA renewal deal their yesterday. Paid for a $35 annual renewal and got a $25
Cabela's gift card. Sweet.

All the Best,
D. White

·
8,971 Posts
Enjoy it, but let us share. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks good! Did they change the names around on this model? When I was looking at them the GI model was a full sized, no frill platform. This one is obviously a commander sized, skeletonized hammer, and beavertail safety. I thought they had a different name on this model at some point.

·
Registered
17,306 Posts
You have no will power.
Put your big boy pants on and just say "NO".
Nice pistol though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If that is weakness, I don't wanna be strong!

Nice purchase. I've heard nothing but good about them. I'm considering the FXH-45. I probably wouldn't except that my local FFL showed me his and I fell in love.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Yesterday I was at Cablea's. The one deal they had was a new SCCY CPX-2 for $199.00

Otherwise I've not seen much at Cabela's gun wise I'd even begin to consider a good deal.

I did the NRA renewal deal their yesterday. Paid for a $35 annual renewal and got a $25
Cabela's gift card. Sweet.

All the Best,
D. White
Man, so you only paid ten dollars for your NRA renewal? Sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Congrats on the weakness, I like it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good! Did they change the names around on this model? When I was looking at them the GI model was a full sized, no frill platform. This one is obviously a commander sized, skeletonized hammer, and beavertail safety. I thought they had a different name on this model at some point.

They have a full size Firepower Extreme Military 1911" full, G.I. size.

This is the commander "Firepower Extreme".

They make an officer size called the "Titan".

All seem to get good reviews.

All the Best,
D. White

1 - 20 of 41 Posts