Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened. I am being transferred from NYS to sunny Florida. It will take some time to get the move completed, but I'm looking forward to seeing NYS in the rear view mirror.

·
10,379 Posts
Congratulations! Hope it's everything you wanted bud.

Gonna be a shock to the system though, talk about climate change!:D

·
Registered
29,895 Posts
Welcome to the "GunShine" state of Florida.

State of over "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations Steve.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Heh heh heh.........You know what humidity is? Nah.... You think you did, but you gonna know for sure now!

LOL! Congrats!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I think that is great news.. Anything has to be better then New Yack..Good luck..

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Congrats Sir. Hopefully this means more money and/or lower cost of living as well.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
That's awesome Steve, congratulations!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do us all a great big favor and box up all of the New York stinkin' thinkin' and set it out on the curb.
We don't care how you did it up north. There's a reason you want to move down here, so don't come down here trying to change it.

Oh, Welcome!
I was born and raised in NY (upstate NY), but I've never had much use for NYC, or anything urban for that matter, and I've been especially upset with NYS since they passed the unSAFE Act two years ago. There are more good, solid conservatives in NYS than most people realize. The problem is that they are outnumbered by over-zealous ideologues on the other side.

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Congratulations! Good luck with your move and welcome to the Sunny South. I know you'll
miss shoveling all that snow every winter and having your state government tell you how to
run your life. (sarcasm alert) The humidity and heat are bad in the Deep South but at least
you will be able to protect your self and your property without a gazillion regulations and
laws hindering you.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heh heh heh.........You know what humidity is? Nah.... You think you did, but you gonna know for sure now!

LOL! Congrats!
Thanks for the heads up.

We are thinking of relocating to somewhere near Umatilla. I've been on a number of business trips to Tampa, Sarasota, Wauchula, Macclenny, and Port St. Lucie, all in the heat of summer, and you are right: the temp and the humidity are intense.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Great, just what we need, another darn New Yorker! :D

Seriously, that is great news. Once you get settled will have to have a mini TA get together some where in the area.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Congrats friend. Looks like I will be moving to Minnesota from Ohio this summer.

Reactions: gcsteve285

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Congratulations!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts