Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They weren't a ball of fire in shipping. I bought it from the manufacturer off EBay and saved about ten bucks for the shipping difference. They issued the shipping label USPS fast and it didn't get logged at their local PO for a few days...bought the evening of the 28th, so five business days from OH. USPS is usually faster than that.

First impressions are that it is a well designed and constructed tool. I had thought that it was a large PVC tube with the eight ammo tubes inside, but it's not. It's a solid cast piece of plastic with the ammo tubes drilled or cast into the barrel. I got the #15 as the Win pump takes 12 rounds of LR...loaded up all but four rounds from two boxes.

Now I need to get to the range!

IMG_20181105_154314418.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one that I got that holds 15 rounds of 22LR is about 18" long. If they made one for .357 Magnum or 45 Colt the things would probably be 40" or more.

Reactions: MoMan and darbo

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
The one that I got that holds 15 rounds of 22LR is about 18" long. If they made one for .357 Magnum or 45 Colt the things would probably be 40" or more.
LOL....maybe use 2 tubes for 1 load in the loader to shorten it? But then you might only get 2 or 3 loadings from it. Just curious, how many rounds does the typical .357 rifle tube hold, 10 or 12 rounds? You could have 6 tubes holding 6 rounds each and get 3 loadings for a 12 round magazine! Just thinking out loud. But I can smell the smoke so better stop!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yea, and about 4" in diameter! lol

I figured ya wouldn't be disappointed with the Spee-D-Loader. They really are built like a tank, I guess I should have mentioned that part. Like I said, I've had mine forever, and it is still going strong.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL....maybe use 2 tubes for 1 load in the loader to shorten it? But then you might only get 2 or 3 loadings from it. Just curious, how many rounds does the typical .357 rifle tube hold, 10 or 12 rounds? You could have 6 tubes holding 6 rounds each and get 3 loadings for a 12 round magazine! Just thinking out loud. But I can smell the smoke so better stop!

Ten rounds for the Henry .357: https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy/

Reactions: darbo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts