Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling a wasr10 on another local forum. Someone offered me a PT92; "1987 im the first to fire it i think.blued wood grips non decocker model".

Well i was really looking for a bit newer model with decocker. But as far as an older model like the one he is talking about; smart move to go with such an older model?

larger images
http://imgur.com/zH3CN,ZWRsn,5yxfm,UNxPS,XTcyU#0

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "smart move". I don't know the value, but some on here think the pre-decocker and pre-rail version is 'classic'. Might be worth it to trade keep trading up to what you're looking for. If you're concerned about parts or repairs, unless somebody did something to void the warranty, it's still covered. Maybe some pics will attract more attention.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Its a great piece, to be sure;but by no means is it worth a WASR 10 rifle by my estimation. I would peg the value as two of those pistols =one AK rifle.

By all means acquire one as so far my 1988 vintage PT99 is the benchmark of my weapon collection.It is so reliable that I would put it on the firing line against anyone's Glock 9mm head to head.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a great piece, to be sure;but by no means is it worth a WASR 10 rifle by my estimation. I would peg the value as two of those pistols =one AK rifle
Thanks for your input. anyone else?

the PT92 is on my list of wants, but for any reason other then i just want a newer decocker. any pros/cons on an old vs new model?

say i get it and send it to taurus for it to be checked for function and safety, can i expect them to return it with a new frame?

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
As it has been said before "I don't think there will ever be a Taurus collectable with in my life time"
There were too many of these produced and released to the public, with a supply and demand calculation....it ain't going to happen.
You didn't give a cash value asked or barter for, but as an example, I just purchased a brand new PT-92 with a two tone finish for $395.
There was a NIB PT-92 blue listed on GB for $379 delivered at the same time (it is however sold as of now).

As for new vs old......I always like new...if the price is right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the ak listed at about $400 trade value. What i gather so far is little to no collector value in terms of $, and the price of a new one is somewhere around the price i am asking for the rifle.

i guess besides the initial excitement of the trade, its prolly not worth it.

Unless someone here wants it, and wants to give up a pre-rail decocker model =p

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Thanks to those that shared opinions. Just got an offer for a Ruger GP101 that seems to trump the old PT92.
This maybe a Taurus Forum, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone here speak poor about the Ruger GP101. Excellent gun....a big jump from a Pt92, but an excellent gun.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Don't know whether you got a Ruger GP100 or SP101. Either way you got a nice revolver. As to trading Taurus handguns. I recently went the opposite way you were going to go. I traded my PT99SS pre decocker for a Smith & Wesson 19-3 Nickel. The Taurus will never increase in value as has been said. It was worth $375 tops. The S&W will only increase in value and is currently valued at about $550-600.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
I think you shorted yourself on the trade value of your AK, but I would have been hard pressed to pass on that Ruger. On the PT92, if you'd gone that route, the pistol and $200 would have been a good starting point in price negotiations.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you shorted yourself on the trade value of your AK, but I would have been hard pressed to pass on that Ruger. On the PT92, if you'd gone that route, the pistol and $200 would have been a good starting point in price negotiations.
The forum its listed on is the biggest gun forum for my state. Well thats my assumption anyway. AK's are practically a dime a dozen on that forum and are plentiful in Michigan, my starting price was higher then $400 but it drew little attention. My PM box is full of offers Cash from $200 to $450, tons of trades. Most of the trades are lowball crap like a chainsaw, keltec pf9, low end electronics etc.

The deal isn't done yet, im waiting for the guy with the GP100 to decide on a day to meet, because i agree with what has been said; Im having a hard time passing on that. and yes a 4-6in .357 is on my list of wants.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i will miss my AK, until one day i can buy a nicer one again. But this GP100 is soooooooooo sweet. My first wheel gun and i am in love

1 - 16 of 16 Posts