Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure that we all get tired of punching holes in paper. I know I do. So I talked to my best friend that works at a fabrication shop. After a little bit of figuring out what I was after he set to work on it. My cost $30. I couldn't be happier. It is cut to IPSC Metric Target dimensions. Except this bad boy ain't cardboard. Here's video of the first 50 rounds.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's about 50lbs. Shooting straight on there was no ricochet. There was a lot of shrapnel though. :) At 7 yards I got some lead splatter, though.

I'm thinking about having him make another one for the other side. You know just so that it doesn't get all lopsided. :D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
cool looks like fun, i might make a suggestion though.. add a chain or rope to the bottom attached to the ground should help with the wobbling after shots.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I thought about that. A lot of the shots were done with the intention of trying to make it wobble. Like the lower shots and head shots. I think if most of the shots are to the center of the chest then it should stay fairly still. That and not shooting as fast.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Nice paladin shape to it. I've used those clasps at the top of the chain before, they can hold over 1000 pounds EACH. How much does that thing weigh, Doc?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I like it! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I can't take credit for the idea. I've seen steel silhouettes on shooting shows.

Joe, I was thinking that I may move the left chain closer to the vertical post. That may stabilize the target a bit. Also, shortening the chains may help as well.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
This reminds me of something you'd see down at the NRA Whittington Center near Raton, NM.

nice set-up!

smit

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
If possible, a small bend at the fasteners, angling the target slightly at the bottom, would direct the expelled material downward short of the shooter. ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You had it dancing on the video. :D A job well done by your best friend too I might add.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts