Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are actual screenshots from a text conversation I had this morning. I can't believe people actually fall prey to these.
150219.jpeg
150220.jpeg
150222.jpeg
150223.jpeg
150224.jpeg

If I zoom in on the original text I can directly read that driver's license and concealed carry permit.

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
Hey, I just was notified that a 10,000,000 dollar gift card is waiting for me to respond. All I have to do is send them my acct number.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Any day now I am expecting the delivery of one kilo of gold from Nigeria. Not sure why it's taking so long ...... the $100 check I sent to cover shipping cleared two months ago. ...... Probably a customs delay.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
That is why the scammer’s keep coming up with new scams. People keep keep thinking they are going to get something bigger or better for free.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe I can call it reparations.?.??? For what I don't know but I'm sure at some point in the history that hasn't been erased my ancestors were treated badly.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Hey, I just was notified that a 10,000,000 dollar gift card is waiting for me to respond. All I have to do is send them my acct number.
Don't risk it, Kruizer! Send ME your acct. number instead and I'll take care of it for you! :D

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
There are AT LEAST four or five going around right now trying to get you Social Security number. One claims "suspicious activity" involving your number, one claims you are being prosecuted for "misuse" of your number in a drug running operation, etc,etc. My Caller ID always shows a local number.

Same thing with your Medicare account. The calls usually start coming in about 9:00 AM Central time, which means the Nagaland scammers must start work about 7:00 PM India Standard Time. And they're too stupid to know that the SS office does not call people about problems...but it would be interesting if they did:

*Ring.....*Ring
Me: Hello
Recorded voice: This call is to let you know that you are being investigated for suspicious activity with your SS number. Press 1 to talk to an agent.
Me: "Let the games begin

I press 1

Someone who sounds like Mahatma Gandhi in a room with 1,000 other Mahatmas: "Hello,how can I help you?"
Me: "I don't know, YOU called me."
Mahatma: "Yes sir,we need to verify your social security number for our investigation. This call is being recorded"
Me: "Yes, it is."
Mahatma: "Sir,we need to verify your social security number for our investigation."
Me: "You have all my information there, don't you?"
Mahatma: "Yes"
Me: "You tell me the last 4 digits and I'll let you know it you have the right person".
Mahatma: "No sir, I need you to give me your social security number"
Me: "You tell me the last 4 digits and I'll let you know it you have the right person".

This usually goes back and forth three or four times before they hang up.

My wife says I seem to enjoy these calls too much, but hey, I'm retired and I can't golf ALL the time.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Guy kept calling my house when I wasn't home with an offer for CC rate reduction opportunity. Did it a few times, one day wife told me he had called again and managed to get our CC number out of her (which she did reluctantly, and after discussion with me will never do again), but apparently that wasn't enough and he wanted my SS# which she wouldn't give. She told him he would have to talk to me.

Well by golly, what luck ...... he called back after I was home one day. ..... I listened to him and played the dumb smuck, suddenly I told him I was really interested in the deal but that an emergency had just arose and that I would have to call HIM back. ...... Well he balked at that, but I finally convinced him that I was a sucker ......... and believe it or not he relented and gave me a number. ..... I guess he was desperate for a deal.

So as soon as I hung up, I called the CC company and they immediately cancelled the card (received new in a couple days). ....... After that call, I decided to try the number that he gave me. I was certain that it would be disconnected, or belong to an innocent person .......... but to my shock the SAME VOICE answered the phone with a 'hello'. ....... I couldn't believe it ....... I said 'sorry, wrong number', hung up and called back the CC co. ...... Told them I had a live number of a fraudster that might be of interest to their Fraud Dept. ..... They took it and I never heard back from either.

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
I got a letter from a Nigerian prince back in the days of snail mail. I saved it for the Nigerian stamp. I think it's pretty cool. Email, and now text scams just don't have the same cachet.

But, hey, let the guys know I'd like a free rifle, too.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Any day now I am expecting the delivery of one kilo of gold from Nigeria. Not sure why it's taking so long ...... the $100 check I sent to cover shipping cleared two months ago. ...... Probably a customs delay.
$100?? - You sucker, I only paid $50 for twice that amount of gold, should be here next week!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts