Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today, I was at Gander Mountain looking for some ammo. I asked the young man stocking the shelves if he had any 22LR or 22WMR. After looking around to see if the coast was clear, he informed me that they did have some 22WMR but that you had to make a gun purchase to get some. What the heck, I've been wanting one of those Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/22WMR anyways. Sorry there isn't a pic, I can't seem to upload pics or videos anymore.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
That's a heck of a way to get ammo! :laugh:

Congrats on the single action shooter. I like shooting .22 WMR out of revolvers, too. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Wow. That's dedication. I see 22 and 17 mag every trip - just don't have the gun for it. Should I...

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
The Heritage RR is a fine gun at an excellent price. You'll like it.

I do think that limiting the ammo to only people who buy guns is less than great, though. On the other hand, I guess it would be kind of awkward to sell somebody a gun that they can't get ammo for.

I honsetly can't figure out why every shooter doesn't own a Rough Rider. At those prices, it's almost like they're giving them away.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Seriously - the 17 & 22 mag loads are available all over StL! Reloading: Powder is not a problem here either. Bullets are hit and mostly miss - gotta do the research. Small pistol mags evaporated. Small rifle is tough. 22LR ammo *poof* gone. Probably bought 200 rounds in the last 60 days (actively looking) though I did turn my nose up at some oddball lead 36gr that I did not know. Gave it a phone Google search and reviews stank.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Today, I was at Gander Mountain looking for some ammo. I asked the young man stocking the shelves if he had any 22LR or 22WMR. After looking around to see if the coast was clear, he informed me that they did have some 22WMR but that you had to make a gun purchase to get some. What the heck, I've been wanting one of those Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/22WMR anyways. Sorry there isn't a pic, I can't seem to upload pics or videos anymore.

View attachment 51412
Nice piece.

When I bought my stainless Ruger SR22 at Gander the guy whispered "we have a brick of Federal 22 in the back if you want it too?" I told him I was set and to sell it to someone else. His jaw hit the counter.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wow. That's dedication. I see 22 and 17 mag every trip - just don't have the gun for it. Should I...
22 mag is the only revolver used round I have not seen dry up at some point. The stuff has been everywhere and is now just starting to thin. A LGS has the Taurus 941 in standard frame and Ultra Light. They feel nice but I've been building up the arms fund for something bigger. Been damn tempting though!

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Product

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Buds has the 6.5" barrell combo for $191 - free shipping! :)

Reactions: bps1

·
Registered
306 Posts

View attachment 51412
First gun I ever bought my wife, then it was a 10/22 stainless after that a PF9, hated it, so I got her a Taurus 1911 38 super. She still loves that revolver!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Anyone shot a Kel Tec PMR-30 pistol? Come to think of it has anyone SEEN a PMR-30 in real life>> Not I!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts