Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After weeks anticipation, I finally made it to the range! It is true! I did it finally! Here is my analysis of my PT111 G3.

I followed the advice I got here. Went to Academy for ammo (nadda 9mm in sight). Went to Wal-Mart (nadda either). Went to Texas Outdoors (bingo, limited supply)! They had Winchester 9mm HP 148 gr. for $27.00 25 box. OR Fiocchi 9mm FMJ 124gr. 50 box for about the same. I got two boxes of Fiocchi. What the heck! I bought a gun made in Brazil and ammo made in Italy. It was 9mm 124 gr. and I didn't really care. IT WAS 9MM ammo! Was I going to be picky? Nope.

I already had a (1) 50 rd. box of Federal 95gr JHP (doing some checking it was military issue...to the British!) geeeeeezzzzz! Am I going to have to speak a foreign language to shoot my PT? Wait, I do speak a foreign language...TEXAN!

Fully cleaned and lubed the PT. Really easy and quickish.
Loaded up the bag and off to the range.
I had a clip of the Federal already loaded. 12 rounds. I didn’t put one in the chamber, I wanted to test the cock and fire. Worked perfectly everytime.

All targets were at 7 yards (21 ft.). I loaded with two different types of rounds.
First up, the Federal 95gr. All 12 rounds were (as already posted here) low and left about 4 to 6 inches. For those who haven’t fired a 95 gr. round…they are LOUD with a bright flash and a bit Smokey.

Fiocchi 124 gr next. 12 rounds slightly left and low but the majority were 6 o’clock low with snow man’s (or the eights) head just above center mark.
After the first 50 rounds of Federal and Fiocchi the hits were around center 2 or 3 inches both left and right. And that is pretty much were all 100 rounds were. Left, right, 6 o’clock low or 8 o’clock low. I am right handed and the shots were on the left of target view. Meaning I was pulling the trigger and not squeezing it.

I think what happens is that 1. The gun is new and it has been awhile since my Colt 1911 military days 2. The balance point on the PT111 is in front of the trigger engage point. It has a long pull and a short trigger activation point. 3. I used the tip of my finger and possibly pulled the aim down (lack of shooting the PT111). It is a light gun. Guns like a .45 have a longer barrel and weighting is up front and balance is at the trigger.
Firing the PT111 – the gun didn’t jump around in my hands. Never misfired or jammed. Worked perfectly. The UpLula loader is a must have. I’m not sure different sites would have made a big difference with the first firing.

Great gun…really fun to shoot. Practice, practice, practice… :cool:

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Good report I'm thinking about a 111 for myself. And don't knock (you didn't) Focchi ammo it's good stuff and made in Missouri

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry...it sounded Italian...Good...a USA product! I feel better.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Great pistol, great loader (UpLula), good day at the range - life is good.:thumb::D:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts