Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
I've done a lot of business with KYGUNCO. It's all been good. Nearly all of my Taurus revolvers came from them. I managed to get my GX4 locally, at a fair price. Enjoy.
I don’t think I could count the guns I’ve purchased from them … its to many .. they took the place of Buds years ago … the LGS I use for transfer .. says at least 50% of his transfers comes from KYGUNCO and does alot of transfers … only charges $20 .. makes him the lowest around.. he calls it easy money.. when you do on a slow day a half of dozen up to 15 -17 , not bad for a one one show in a small country store

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don’t think I could count the guns I’ve purchased from them … its to many .. they took the place of Buds years ago … the LGS I use for transfer .. says at least 50% of his transfers comes from KYGUNCO and does alot of transfers … only charges $20 .. makes him the lowest around.. he calls it easy money.. when you do on a slow day a half of dozen up to 15 -17 , not bad for a one one show in a small country store
I've always heard good stuff about Kygunco, too. I just never have ordered a firearm or done a transfer. I always like the thrill of getting out on the local hunt to find what I'm after. That and I've never heard of a transfer fee below $30 so that and shipping make it bad. That's out of probably 8 or 10 local gun shops within my reasonable driving range. Otherwise, I might have tried ordering something online for only a $20 FFL fee.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You are very fortunate to have a dealer doing $20 transfers. Prices for transfers around here can go for as high as $50 which makes it a no go for me.
Yep, most of them round here are looking like $35 and UP. It's why I never buy online. Shipping runs approx $30 and transfer runs approx $30-50 so why? Pay average $75 more than their "great online price." I hear guys in gun shops telling the salesman that they can get it cheaper online. Gun shop always tells them to go get it online then, as most of those people are ignorant to the transfer and shipping increases to online gun purchases.

·
Registered
36,907 Posts
I have a regular range/gun shop that i try to give my business to, but I have bought 2-3 forearms through online due to the cost savings from buying local as well as being able to get the weapon that i wanted.
I bought both of my Tanfoglio Elite Match (38 Super & 10 MM) through Davidsons at about a 80 buck savings on each and we have a local FFL that does 10 dollar transfers, i also bought a AR from palmetto and a PT1911 AL from Larrys in Alabama and they went through the same FFL.
if its close in price then i will support my local Gun Shop.

Reactions: Dad1911
21 - 25 of 25 Posts