Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GX4 is amazing. It fixed the issues I had and hated about my P365. It looks better than a 365 and actually fills your hand without being stupid large. I bought two pinky extensions and a spare RSA a month ago knowing I'd find one eventually. It's really nicely made, and this one still says made in Brazil. Whatever, my Brazilian G2Cs and G3s etc have all been amazing guns. Bought a 3rd 11 rounder for $27. PXL_20210627_005715727.jpg

I'm so stoked right now. I've been a believer since my PT 111 G2, and I've been standing by Taurus since. I was a Taurus hater years ago for no reason other than clique groupthink like most haters. They are BACK. These are some fine firearms. Not for the money. Fine firearms PERIOD.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The GX4 is amazing. It fixed the issues I had and hated about my P365. It looks better than a 365 and actually fills your hand without being stupid large. I bought two pinky extensions and a spare RSA a month ago knowing I'd find one eventually. It's really nicely made, and this one still says made in Brazil. Whatever, my Brazilian G2Cs and G3s etc have all been amazing guns. Bought a 3rd 11 rounder for $27. View attachment 479928

I'm so stoked right now. I've been a believer since my PT 111 G2, and I've been standing by Taurus since. I was a Taurus hater years ago for no reason other than clique groupthink like most haters. They are BACK. These are some fine firearms. Not for the money. Fine firearms PERIOD.
Most Taurus models are still made in Brazil. I think only models of the TX22 are all that are being made in Georgia at this point.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The GX4 is amazing. It fixed the issues I had and hated about my P365. It looks better than a 365 and actually fills your hand without being stupid large. I bought two pinky extensions and a spare RSA a month ago knowing I'd find one eventually. It's really nicely made, and this one still says made in Brazil. Whatever, my Brazilian G2Cs and G3s etc have all been amazing guns. Bought a 3rd 11 rounder for $27. View attachment 479928

Yea!!! for Team Taurus~!!! add a G2C & GX4 to the Picture, will get new picture soon

·
8,986 Posts
It is gathering a lot of positive reviews. Way to go!

Reactions: PilatusTurbo

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol.

Reactions: PilatusTurbo

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Alfonse I have a question concerning night sight install: If you've handled a GX4, it has the same screw used by the G3C. However, it's so close to the machining edge, that I doubt a 3/16 Glock front sight tool will have sufficient clearance. I'm concerned it won't even take night sights, unless you re-use the Taurus screw... Which is way too long for many front night sights.

I've attached a pic of the Tru Glo screw sitting upside down with its head on the Taurus screw, dead center to show the position.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
According to info I got from CS when I was researching the GX4, the pistol,is assembled in Bainbridge GA from parts imported from Brazil.

Reactions: Whittsailor

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to info I got from CS when I was researching the GX4, the pistol,is assembled in Bainbridge GA from parts imported from Brazil.
That may be correct, but it does say made in Brazil. Perhaps just the parts (like you said) like the frame itself were injection molded and then shipped from there.

·
Vendor
867 Posts
@Alfonse I have a question concerning night sight install: If you've handled a GX4, it has the same screw used by the G3C. However, it's so close to the machining edge, that I doubt a 3/16 Glock front sight tool will have sufficient clearance. I'm concerned it won't even take night sights, unless you re-use the Taurus screw... Which is way too long for many front night sights.

I've attached a pic of the Tru Glo screw sitting upside down with its head on the Taurus screw, dead center to show the position.

Thanks!
I was wondering about the clearance myself. I have one with the Tritium PRO sights. Even though we have other screws, I pretty easily used the Glock style screw and Glock tool. It wouldn't fit over the screw completely, but did tighten it up just fine holding it at a little angle.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was wondering about the clearance myself. I have one with the Tritium PRO sights. Even though we have other screws, I pretty easily used the Glock style screw and Glock too. It wouldn't fit over the screw completely, but did tighten it up just fine holding it at a little angle.
That is exactly what I did. Turned out nice. Just keep good down force while slightly angling the Glock tool, and I was able to snug it up enough. However, I had to get the jeweler's files out and take a TINY bit of material off the actual sight insert sides, and then press it in using my nylon vise jaws. That front sight is pressed in HARD, then blue loctited and snugged up as we described.

I put the Glock 17 size Truglos I prefer on it, as the Glock 43 model I prefer would hang off the back real bad. I think it came out nice, and it should change it to combat hold, if Taurus' sighting wasn't already combat hold. I really like the three dot configuration in white, and the basic Truglos are just awesome budget night sights.

(I hated combat hold at first, but night sights on all my smaller Glocks and Taurus guns seems to have changed to combat, and several smaller guns were anyway.)

PICS:

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
That is exactly what I did. Turned out nice. Just keep good down force while slightly angling the Glock tool, and I was able to snug it up enough. However, I had to get the jeweler's files out and take a TINY bit of material off the actual sight insert sides, and then press it in using my nylon vise jaws. That front sight is pressed in HARD, then blue loctited and snugged up as we described.

I put the Glock 17 size Truglos I prefer on it, as the Glock 43 model I prefer would hang off the back real bad. I think it came out nice, and it should change it to combat hold, if Taurus' sighting wasn't already combat hold. I really like the three dot configuration in white, and the basic Truglos are just awesome budget night sights.

(I hated combat hold at first, but night sights on all my smaller Glocks and Taurus guns seems to have changed to combat, and several smaller guns were anyway.)

PICS:

WOW! You can certainly see those!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Called my LGS .. asking if he had any GX4’s in …?
He said a few has trickled in .. all sold quick
Said most requested pistol since the P365..
Also said “ If I had 100 GX4’s come in today … they would be sold in 7 business days “

1 - 20 of 25 Posts