Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking for one of these for... I'm not sure how long. At least a few years. Probably more like 7 or 8 years now. So the other day when I finally found one listed for sell here in town, I was excited to message the guy who posted it. I contacted him immediately and we seemed to hit it off. Sorta even made friends.

What was really odd though, was after we'd already gotten a deal mostly set up, the guy contacted me back to cancel/postpone. He was very polite about it and apologized. He said that while looking the gun over, it looked like the firing pin was chipped. He said he didn't even know it had anything wrong with it before, but he wouldn't knowingly sell it damaged. I've got nothing but respect for that. I always appreciate when someone tries to do what's right. So he said he was having his favorite gunsmith take it and get it repaired. He also promised I'd have first dibs when he got it back. I appreciate that too.

Two days later he messaged me back to tell me he got it home. Repaired. So we met up just a little bit later that afternoon.

I'm pretty thrilled with it. It's in very good condition. Stainless steel and wood grips. Another point that surprised me though, is that it's a 2.5" barrel. I can't find them listed anywhere except with a 2", 3", or 4" barrel. I found one thread here on T.A. that the op mentioned his is a 2.5" barrel. It seemed like he was also looking for more information about it. It didn't sound like he got a clear answer or any significant information about the odd barrel length. Is the 2.5" extra rare or a special edition or...??
Any information would be appreciated.

Feel free to share if you do know anything about these. Or have one, or any experience with one. I haven't gotten to take it to the range yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be soon.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel

I guess I'm just excited to share my find and new acquisition (and maybe find some info?). A great day and happy shopping/shooting to all my T.A. friends.

Registered
I picked up a model 441 stainless 4" a few years back at a gun show, and it is a very fun gun to shoot.
It's the one with the adjustable rear sight. A couple months ago I picked up a Charter Arms 44 special
at another gun show, but haven't got to shoot it yet. You'll like the 431.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BEEEEEUUUUTIFUL looking piece.
Thank you brother!

That looks like a 3 inch .. did you measure from the forcing cone ?
Beautiful gun 鈥
Thank you as well!
Yes, I did measure from the back of the forcing cone. I'll post a pic in just a few minutes.

Beautiful. I have a highly polished Tracker with a 2-1/2" barrel, but I like yours better! Yours looks very S&W.
Thank you! Them's pretty big compliments.

Registered
View attachment 494904

Here we go. I think if you count the crown it's about 2 and 17/32nds inches.
I remember when Taurus made a run of 2.5 inch barreled 85鈥檚 both steel and aluminum framed
I once owned. Taurus 605 that was high polished had a cull grip and had a 2.5 inch barrel.. on the box ot was listed as a 2 1/4 inch barrel.. dang sweet revolver

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I remember when Taurus made a run of 2.5 inch barreled 85鈥檚 both steel and aluminum framed
I once owned. Taurus 605 that was high polished had a cull grip and had a 2.5 inch barrel.. on the box ot was listed as a 2 1/4 inch barrel.. dang sweet revolver
A polished stainless, 2.5" model 85? I'm sure I'd have loved it too. Sounds like a fine gun.

Registered
I saw only a Taurus 82 with 2,5" inch barrel. It's the only mentioned in Brazilian catalogs with this barrel length.

A colleague of Police Department had one. He told me that was impossible to find an adequate holster. As an extra trouble, he is left handed!

Registered
If I was to buy a holster for my 431/441 I would go to
as they will make almost any holster to your specs for a decent price.

Reactions: Revolver guy

Administrator
Absolutely gorgeous. I've been looking for even a 3 inch barrel 431 forever, I wanted one when they first came out and I'd still love to have one. Congrats on the find, and I hope she's a great shooter.

Reactions: Revolver guy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Absolutely gorgeous. I've been looking for even a 3 inch barrel 431 forever, I wanted one when they first came out and I'd still love to have one. Congrats on the find, and I hope she's a great shooter.

Thank you! I hope you find one.

I have the exact same one! It shoots beautifully by the way. You're really going to like that one. I put a bit larger grip on mine, I'll have to see if I have a pic. Enjoy!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure this one is going to be a favorite. I'm already really liking it.
Yours is a nice looking piece too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts