Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided last weekend to take my 145 to the range with 100 rnds and decided not leave until I figured these sights out and to be comfortable with them . By the time I shot the 3rd mag I GOT IT!! Right on the money every time at about 10 yds which is plenty for defensive shooting. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
I wish the Heinie sights were larger or a post and dot. I've got about 3 to400 rounds through my PT 1911 and they are pretty much second nature now. I still like 3 dot or fiber opticks like True Glow. My eyes are getting older. :)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I put those nitesiters over the dots on the Heinie sights looks like they came from the manufacturer.Dots look a little bigger and line up just right.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
Yep, I did the same and they do help. Those things are brite and work great at the indoor range.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really think that a lot of the people who complain about the mil pros accuracy, dont really know how to use the Heine sites.

It took me a few rounds to get it. Im dead on with that pistol now.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
pics did not turn out as planed will tryin daylight with no flash.

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
kyled said:
Can you post pics of the nitesiters

Click the banner at the top of the page. Good information on the Nitesiters.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
I can tell you they cost $10 and another $10 for the little UV flashlight best $20 ever spent. It might be hard to get a pic but they do work. For short periods of time I have yet to have them glow all night no matter what i do but a couple of hours they stay brite. If you click on my pic it will make it larger and that shows it a little better.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Heres a couple of pics of the nitesiters on the hienie sights on the PT 111 Pro, hope this helps sorry couldnt take pictures in the dark.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Could someone explain how to use the heine sights?

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
Just like the pic above your last post . Put the front site over the center of your attended target. thats it

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey, I can do that. Thanks :clap:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I shot a lot of rounds and was getting much better but I still wanted to try something else so I bought the Williams Fire Sights (fiber optic) and put them on the back only, painted the front sight fluorescent yellow. Yesterday I was shooting a four inch wide target from 10 yards and the holes were touching on most of my shots. It's whatever works for you with your firearm, but you want to feel comfortable and confident with your shots. I'm much happier since I swapped out the rear sights. I really feel this PT111 is getting better with age and the more I shoot it, the better I'm getting too.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
If you truely use these you will like them better, as they are really simple.... everyone says "straight eight" you can say make a figure eight, whatever. As stated above:

Place the front dot on the center of the bullseye, and you are good to go... do not put it at the 6 'oclock position.

The terminology for you military people is line your sights up "center mass" and you will be good to go.

I don't really care for the night sights, but I did pick up some fluorescent paints in a kit for sights from "Sportsmans Warehouse" and I did my two dots blaze orange. It makes for a super quick target aquisition for me. Basically do whatever works for you. If changing to a 3 dot configuration works for you, do it....

Remember, most defensive shots you make will be about 9 feet away from you, or 3 yards. I was in two gunfights, I never used the sights, pointed at center mass and pulled the trigger. (Cleaned my underpants both times afterwards).

·
Registered
26 Posts
mp3mogul Will you tell us the stories. I am sure we all would like to hear the scenario and how you reacted. Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts