Taurus Firearm Forum banner

I feel naked................

968 views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  xcaliber 
#1 ·
I had shoulder surgery earlier this month. Not able to carry till sometime in January.............:icon_ cry:

#7 ·
If you are like me, being naked would scare off any potential attackers and then I wouldn't need the gun anyways! :cool:

#8 ·
Sorry to hear, but glad that I didn't need the

Drain cleaner Cleaner Floor Household supply

#13 ·
As said, revolver is good. One drill to practice is one-handed reloading.

Reactions: Sekol
#14 ·
Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hopefully you'll heal up quicker than expected.

#15 ·
I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. It takes a bit to handle any recoil. I shot my 1911 after about 6 weeks and it hurt like all get out. It took a year or more before I could shoot a 12g. This is not a easy surgery and you will find it to be a real pain to do almost anything for a lot longer than they tell you.

This is a common injury for us Auto worker's and it takes much longer to heal than you would think. Good luck! Practice with your weak hand with a small revolver it will pay off in the end.

#16 ·
Sorry to hear, hope you recover quickly. As other said, if you can shoot weak side and practice as much as you can.

#17 ·
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm going batsh*t crazy not being able to use my arm. Can't afford to go buy a good revolver and also have no way to get to a range to practice left. Doesn't matter because when I am out I'm with my wife who is packing......lol

#18 ·
I have had 7 shoulder surgeries on both sides. I have a left and right holster for any of my carry guns. Remember to practice all aspects of carrying i.e. draw, presentation reloading. Revolvers are great but if you have to reload it is much more challenging with the support hand only.

Get well soon.

#19 ·
Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I have arthritis in right hand had to learn to shoot left now it feels natural

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.