Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had shoulder surgery earlier this month. Not able to carry till sometime in January.............:icon_ cry:

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Up your SA and make sure your tazer is charged.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Learn to shoot with the opposite arm. Go with a smaller gun that is easier to rack, or use a revolver. Consider it a reason to buy another gun, and a challenge to increase proficiency!

Sorry to hear it, though, and best of luck.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
If you are like me, being naked would scare off any potential attackers and then I wouldn't need the gun anyways! :cool:

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Sorry to hear, but glad that I didn't need the

iBleach.jpeg

·
Registered
29,899 Posts
Many, ,many "jeers" ago when I had surgery on my right shoulder I switched to an .38 spl. Airweight model 38 S&W body guard.

I carried it in a left side belt holster and spent more time practicing "south paw" shooting till things got better.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Many, ,many "jeers" ago when I had surgery on my right shoulder I switched to an .38 spl. Airweight model 38 S&W body guard.

I carried it in a left side belt holster and spent more time practicing "south paw" shooting till things got better.
....................................^^^^ what he said!! ;)

·
Registered
27,325 Posts
As said, revolver is good. One drill to practice is one-handed reloading.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hopefully you'll heal up quicker than expected.

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. It takes a bit to handle any recoil. I shot my 1911 after about 6 weeks and it hurt like all get out. It took a year or more before I could shoot a 12g. This is not a easy surgery and you will find it to be a real pain to do almost anything for a lot longer than they tell you.

This is a common injury for us Auto worker's and it takes much longer to heal than you would think. Good luck! Practice with your weak hand with a small revolver it will pay off in the end.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Sorry to hear, hope you recover quickly. As other said, if you can shoot weak side and practice as much as you can.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm going batsh*t crazy not being able to use my arm. Can't afford to go buy a good revolver and also have no way to get to a range to practice left. Doesn't matter because when I am out I'm with my wife who is packing......lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have had 7 shoulder surgeries on both sides. I have a left and right holster for any of my carry guns. Remember to practice all aspects of carrying i.e. draw, presentation reloading. Revolvers are great but if you have to reload it is much more challenging with the support hand only.

Get well soon.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I have arthritis in right hand had to learn to shoot left now it feels natural

1 - 19 of 19 Posts