Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have five other Taurus firearms. All have been excellent.

My first TCP went to Miami twice before exploding.
My newest one is on the way to Miami as we speak.

I took it completely apart and deeply cleaned it after the Pennsylvania shoot.
At the range wed nite, it was still crazy....

My first TCP had a very sweet trigger. Thats why I got a new one.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Man what a string. I want to be next to you when SHTF. ;- . All joking aside I hope things work out.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I can sum up the problem in one word....Chicago! I think you should just have Taurus send it to me here in FLORIDA where it will be warm and feel at home!

Seriously that is a shame. I hope Taurus gets any issues resolved so you can be at one with your TCP!

·
Super Moderator
36,099 Posts
I hope they get it back to you so fast you hardly know that it left.

Reactions: Sekol

·
22,323 Posts
Sorry to hear that!

What does "still crazy" mean? Did it show up for an SNL skit in a turkey costume?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally Posted by chicagotrauma
Bump.
I just got a series e tcp with this problem... Trigger all the way in and hammer might fall
Probably the trigger pivot I guess.
Fishinkeylargo and I were stumped.
Montkun thinks its a gremlin.
It is stranger then that, dry firing it it functioned every time. Live fire not so much. Fired around 8 rounds just fine, then problems showed up. Trigger pull would get you one of 4 results:

1. Gun fires as intended.
2. Gun would not fire at all.
3. Gun would fire if you used way more pressure on the rigger then should ever be needed. (not every time)
4. Gun would fire after a few seconds if you just held the trigger back with normal pressure. (not every time)

Guess it could be stumpy gremlins. :D
Fishinkeylargo said it best. He tried it out in Pennsylvania. I think its a problem with the trigger pivot pit/assembly.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
CT - sure do hope you're not without it too long! The Taurus products that I have had to send back to Florida are dome of my favorite pieces now as the fuction so well for me!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Sorry about the bad run of luck; I wonder if there is a message in all this?:confused::devil:

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sorry to hear about your woes. I hope your TCP returns to you quickly and fixed.

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
I have five other Taurus firearms. All have been excellent.
My first TCP went to Miami twice before exploding.
My newest one is on the way to Miami as we speak.
I took it completely apart and deeply cleaned it after the Pennsylvania shoot.
At the range wed nite, it was still crazy....
My first TCP had a very sweet trigger. Thats why I got a new one.
Sorry!
so out of 7 Taurus products 2 have needed to return to the Mother Ship, and 1 has disintegrated?
that's about my going rate (30% ) for return with the Taurus products as well, Course none of mine have came unglued yet.

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
It will be interesting to see what they say is wrong with it.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like not enough room in the trigger assembly to completely fire. I had a very similar issue with my HK when installing a match trigger; the problem was with the adjustable trigger stop set up so that the trigger couldn't pull back sufficiently. It would work fine for dry fire, but issues showed when shooting live ammo. It was fixed by screwing the trigger stop in more. Sounds like an issue with the trigger geometry/frame relationship. In the TCP, (if that was the case) the only option would be to file away some of the frame or replace the trigger assembly with an aftermarket. That Galloway trigger looks very tempting.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
The thing I hate is that they will give a vague description of what they did to fix it like "repaired trigger assembly".

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Me too a little bit... After mine got back from having an undersized firing pin retaining pin fixed (great 7 day turnaround from Taurus) I took it to the range today.

Unfortunately, each of the 8 or so mag fulls I shot seem to have at least one failure... Mostly failure to feed... Round stuck on feed ramp... Slide not going into battery obviously. I'll clean it again and keep trying different ammo. Too early to say I have a problem gun. Maybe it doesn't like these flat nose? I'll try some ball next

Oh yes... And the takedown pin started working its way out too during shooting (that only happened once).... Hmmm

First 7 shots from 30' (the little gun seems plenty accurate)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Grease rails, put a lot of ammo thru tcp's.

I had two l got rid of, cost me!
Then the third one l took to gallawayprecision (parts & trigger) and l installed some ruger parts and wolff springs.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Grease rails, put a lot of ammo thru tcp's.

I had two l got rid of, cost me!
Then the third one l took to gallawayprecision (parts & trigger) and l installed some ruger parts and wolff springs.
grease? Really? Will be the first of 30 handguns that have ever required grease... Won't regular ol' gun oil do?

·
22,323 Posts
Mine like Remington DriLube a lot. For whatever you think that's worth.

Reactions: Jlandis003

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
grease? Really? Will be the first of 30 handguns that have ever required grease... Won't regular ol' gun oil do?

Grease is better. Imho. I use full synthetic disc brake caliper grease. High temp, high pressure. Apply, rub in, wipe off. That leaves enough.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts