Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I thought that I could be briefly satisfied with the purchase of a Bersa BP series pistol, and maybe a Hellcat .380 from Inter Ordnance. But then I heard about this: It seems that Czechpoint (the distributors of Czech Small Arms (CSA) products like the vz.53 and the vz.58) is now bringing CSA revolvers into this country. Now you know that I call myself RevloverFan for a reason, so I am real interested in their revolvers -- especially their Model 931 in 9mm para. Though a different manufacturer, if the revolver quality is anywhere close to that of the Czech-produced CZ75 and it's kin, then I am going to have to get one!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah me either, more guns that get imported the better though I say :) And I do appreciate a revolver, but if them are anything like those VZ rifles and CZ75's then these will be good guns, Czechs just seem to know what their doing when making guns. Heck I have a CZ82 that's ugly as sin but she's a great shooter :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Quite an attractive little revolver IMO. The grip looks to be sufficiently textured and I really like unfluted cylinders. Curious as to what the price point will be.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Okay, it is found at Czechpoint, and is the model 9231, not the 931. 3" barrel (Hmmm, mine are 2" or less) blued for $475. Have not been able tell if it's SA or SA/DA. Went thru 5 pages of searching w/ no answer. Will send an email to czechpoint asking them.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
The Czech's have been making quality firearms; rifles and pistols, since before WWII.

This DA revolver is new for them, a very is an interesting piece.

Look forward to seeing some reviews.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Auto caliber revolver with adjustable sights, GREAT IDEA. Nice plinking, field or carry gun.

BUT, giant sticky rubber grips and fully lugged barrel on a light caliber, medium frame pistol are like mud tires and a trailer hitch on a Camaro. Go back to the Cz Republic, trim some oz. (grams) off the barrel and a couple cubic inches (cc's) off the grips and we'll buy 'em by the truckload.

Smart girl, just too fat and ugly.

PS - Mr. Taurus I'll take mine with a 4" pencil barrel please.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Got an email back. $395. Inventory is being done, so Deanna said she couldn't tell me how much moon clips would cost. Could order gun end of this coming week.

If you go to the site and look at the extra photos, you'll see the size of the frame and the very big gap in front of the cylinder. Didn't originally see that w/ the smaller screen of my iPhone. Clear to see w/ a bigger screen. I do not like that at all. I'll be thinking real hard before ordering this gun because of that design....

·
Registered
515 Posts
Interesting, but the short cylinder in the large frame window looks strange to me.

Although a shorter barrel, I think the Taurus is a better looking revolver - but with a nod to that beauty in the eye of the beholder thing!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Still list is 475 and they told you 395, now what that DOES make me interested is how much their 357's run. Those I'm interested in but yeah that huge gap I'm pretty sure is cause they are using the same size frame on all their handguns. I don't mind it so much but I can think of 9mm's I'd rather have for 400 bucks. Now if they have a 357 in roughly the same price point that's interesting.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree with you all -- a lower price would make it more appealing. I personally enjoy pistol calibers in revolvers, so that's why I find this particular revolver interesting. As for the cylinder length, if it is engineered well and it performs well over the long term, I don't have a problem with it.

By the way, note that the 9mm cylinder in Ruger's Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible has a 9mm cylinder which is shorter than the .357. Ruger wouldn't do it if it didn't work, so I believe it will be okay with the Czech revolver as well.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I agree with you all -- a lower price would make it more appealing. I personally enjoy pistol calibers in revolvers, so that's why I find this particular revolver interesting. As for the cylinder length, if it is engineered well and it performs well over the long term, I don't have a problem with it.

By the way, note that the 9mm cylinder in Ruger's Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible has a 9mm cylinder which is shorter than the .357. Ruger wouldn't do it if it didn't work, so I believe it will be okay with the Czech revolver as well.

Yeah it doesn't bother me personally but I think the issue isn't so much that they work but it does look silly having that huge frame and a smaller cylinder but I can see why they did it, make one frame that can handle up to 357 and build down from that, makes them more economical plus if you ask me doing it that way should make for a heck of a durable revolver :)

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
See, this is why I love this site. Here we are discussing a nonTaurus w/ no flaming from anyone and everyone having very good point of views...

As far as the 9231, I love the smooth cylinder. But not the frame configuration. 6 shot is nice. I guess moon clips would be a big factor.

BTW-- It says it comes w/ a loading tube... What is that???

Scab, email Deanna w/ purchase questions. Dan, for tech stuff. He is in Europe this week...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts