Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt know you could get charged with murder for being with somebody that was killed during a crime.Is this a state law or national?Not saying I disagree just didnt know and wandering if its also in Tennessee?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What info are you sourcing? Do you mean charged with Murder if you were with somebody who committed a murder or with somebody that was murdered?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
What info are you sourcing? Do you mean charged with Murder if you were with somebody who committed a murder or with somebody that was murdered?
I was unclear on that, myself.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With somebody that was killed while they were commiting a crime.As the guy that was with the one the young lady killed last week that was breaking in her home.I agree I just never heard of that before.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I would think it is a state law but is enforced by most every state. There are stories of folks who set out in a car, not knowing their friends were holding up a 7-11, their friends kill the clerk and they are guilty of murder even if they didn't know what was going down. Amazingly, if the clerk shot and killed one of the robbers, the somewhat innocent oblivious guy sitting in the car also committed murder.

Strange law in ways, but you need to really know your friends.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you are commiting a crime with someone and someone else gets killed in the process of that crime both parties are liable for the death. so both parties can be charged with murder. I have seen it in a few different states on the show "First 48" on A&E... For example 2 guys go in to rob a store and one guy ends up shooting the clerk and killing him, both guys that robbed the store will be charged with murder.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would think it is a state law but is enforced by most every state. There are stories of folks who set out in a car, not knowing their friends were holding up a 7-11, their friends kill the clerk and they are guilty of murder even if they didn't know what was going down. Amazingly, if the clerk shot and killed one of the robbers, the somewhat innocent oblivious guy sitting in the car also committed murder.

Strange law in ways, but you need to really know your friends.
I'll agree with that I just never saw anyone charged like that around here,but saw 2 cases on this site where that happened in the last week.I guess thats how you weed them out by two's.

I have sawe people tha t was with somebody who killed another and both got charged,but not somebody with the one who got killed.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...you need to really know your friends.
You sure got that right!

And...the old saying: "A man is known by the company he keeps."

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You sure got that right!

And...the old saying: "A man is known by the company he keeps."
I know thats right.25 years ago I gave my life to God and changed the company I kept,and things have been alot better ever since.People like that will suck the life out of you in more ways than one.I'm done preachin now.LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts