Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After checking around and asking questions I decided to buy the Theis Holster! The quality seems to be there and lots of positive reviews. Plus the fact that it is a local guy and was the only holster that can be designed for my PT111 G2. I will give a good review once I receive the holster. Email said about a 2 week turn around and I can not wait!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
You made a good choice, Theis makes a great holster and stands behind his work.
I have 2 of them, Be sure to post pictures.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your decision to send some work to Tommy Theis and company.

I have both OWB and IWB Theis holsters for my Taurus Millennium PT145 Pro, and am very pleased with them both.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Tommy does good work :guns: Did you get Horse Hide? If not email him and get the upgrade, it's well worth the $10 up charge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some research and followed your advice SGR1971! I upgraded to horse hide and the extreme duty kydex clips. Now just time to wait for it to arrive!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Great choice. I have three of them. Well one's the wife's.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I did some research and followed your advice SGR1971! I upgraded to horse hide and the extreme duty kydex clips. Now just time to wait for it to arrive!
The horse hide will be a little stiff at first, but after it breaks in it molds to your body.

From Tommy's site

What are the advantages of a horsehide holster?

They are stronger, yet thinner than cowhide, making them easier to conceal.
Horsehide does not absorb sweat like cowhide, because it is more dense and much more durable than cowhide.
The horsehide I use is 100% natural with no color or dyes to stain your clothing.
When you first receive your horsehide holster it will seem a little stiff, with daily wear it will form to your body and become very comfortable.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I know you will love yours. I have had one for over a year and most of the time it doesn't even feel as if I am carrying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts