Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
27,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The theme is things you want somebody else to try, but are afraid to do yourself.

Please post your own.

And please, please post if you take anybody up on their dare.

To start you off:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I tried Dave's Insanity. Once. I think I'll pass on both of these dares. :)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Hah! Many decades ago when I was a mere teenage punk - well, nineteen anyhow - several of us would spend the occasional Saturday night cruising with a few six-packs of Colt 45 malt liquor*. We had a bunch of back roads in our quiver so cops and traffic were seldom an issue. Some of us were better than others at functioning with a respectable load of it, others not so much. One night we razzed one of the latter into peeing on an electric fence. The howls reminded one of Lon Chaney at his gruesome best.

*I do not recommend this form of amusement in today's world. The world was a lot different in 1962, especially the small town in the boonies world.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I've often wondered if presented with the opportunity - would I eat fugu? I'm pretty sure I would IF in Japan at a certified restaurant with the proper chef AND if someone else was picking up the tab$$ - that I would.

Note:
Some people like to eat the fish with a tiny amount of toxin left in it. They feel a tingling in the lips, and it's this effect that attracts people. But it's a dangerous move, because if there is too much toxin, diners will soon experience something much worse.

- Tetrododoxin does not cross the blood-brain barrier, so the victims remain fully conscious while their central nervous system gradually shuts down, first producing dizziness and incoherent speech, then paralysing the muscles. This can lead to asphyxia, and possibly death. (There is no antidote for fugu poisoning). :eek:

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Pucker up:

Reactions: aquajim and mingaa

·
Registered
27,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts