Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called around, somehow...miraculously, there was a BNIB Glock 43X at a local shop, just came in today, they only wanted $499 for it...put a deposit down over the phone right then, a few hours later I stopped in, paid the balance and brought it home.

Don't know why I did it...I just did it...I don't even need it, I just wanted it.

Hello...my name is Doc Holliday....and I'm an addict. I need serious therapy.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Administrator
Congratulations on the new Glock pistola! It's a looker!
I think all my firearms purchases have been made because I wanted them, not because I needed them. ;)

Registered
Congrats on your new slide gun.

Reactions: Doc Holliday

Supporting SuperModerator
What makes you think there is something wrong with you?

Registered
That is the good part about being an adult , sometimes you get to buy stuff just because you want it ! Did they give you a good deal on some ammo to try it out with ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is the good part about being an adult , sometimes you get to buy stuff just because you want it ! Did they give you a good deal on some ammo to try it out with ?
They were completely out of 9mm ammo, but that's okay, I have some at home and I know this 43X will work just fine.

Super Moderator
I'd be sorely tempted also and I'm not even a Glock fan, just an addict. I am getting the itch something fierce also. I may liquidate a couple to make myself feel better about it. Congratulations on the new pistol!

Registered

Congrats on your complete lack of control. I have the same disease..I just bought a CZ75B, A Girsan regard, and am now jonesing for an old Glock 17..Lots of gen 3's for 500 plus tax,shipping..I gotta control myself, I gotta, I gotta. Where's that dang credit card???????????

Registered
Somebody had to do it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, for one thing, you overexpose your pictures. But other than needing to stop down about 2EV, you seem perfectly normal.
I never claimed to be another Ansel Adams. :p

I put it closer to a window for better lighting, but that's about as artistic as I get.
'Step down to 2EV'?? May as well be speaking Klingon to me.
Panasonic DMC-ZS7. Just like a gun, point and shoot, that's how I roll.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The best thing about today was the price...only $499...really just about $10-20 above pre-pandemic pricing...and the availability...are we starting to see things return to 'normal'?

Reactions: Konyo312

Super Moderator
Congrats on your complete lack of control. I have the same disease..I just bought a CZ75B, A Girsan regard, and am now jonesing for an old Glock 17..Lots of gen 3's for 500 plus tax,shipping..I gotta control myself, I gotta, I gotta. Where's that dang credit card???????????
What is this CZ75 of which you speak? I've not seen any baby pics. I'd pick that over a Glock.

Reactions: jwc007

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you are a veteran, you can get "Blue Label" pricing. IIRC, that's about 425 for a new 17. You can also join GSSF for those prices. Send me a PM and I will give you info.
if you can catch them in stock at a Glock Blue Label Dealer it sounds like a good deal.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts