Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered Wolff spings for my 970SS Tracker and my 651SS several months ago after reading of good results from a member at rimfirecentral.com. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90102&highlight=Wolff+springs
Well, tonight I finally changed them and they feel great.
970 now has #12 hammer and #10 trigger springs.
651 now has #9 hammer and #6.5 trigger springs.
On the 651 I ran thru several cases with WSPM primers and they all fired on the first strike.

I look forward to my next visit to the range. ;D

·
Registered
33 Posts
LikesToShoot said:
I had ordered Wolff spings for my 970SS Tracker and my 651SS several months ago after reading of good results from a member at rimfirecentral.com. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90102&highlight=Wolff+springs
Well, tonight I finally changed them and they feel great.
970 now has #12 hammer and #10 trigger springs.
651 now has #9 hammer and #6.5 trigger springs.
On the 651 I ran thru several cases with WSPM primers and they all fired on the first strike.

I look forward to my next visit to the range. ;D
Did you make it to the range yet? Curious about those new springs.

g19erusa

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes!
Thanks for asking. I've been to the range a couple of times and the revolvers are much more fun to shoot now.
Last night I worked on my PT1911. The right thumb safety broke a couple of weeks ago and sent in in for an exchange.
Since my last Taurus repair taught me they don't move too quickly, I ordered a Wilson Combat thumb safety and ejector (know problem area for the PT1911) from Brownells and installed them last night.
Tonight they were "range tested" and I'm happy to report all is well in my Taurus camp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glad to hear that!

Side Bar - Thanks again for putting me on the right track regarding the difficulty I was having with my new Taurus 905 (9mm).

g19erusa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts