Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please help me! I haven't shot my PT111 in a month. Nice and clean. Sitting in my new range bag beside my desk. On my days off work, I go to the store (Walmart and/or grocery), feed store, plant store, gas station...then without thinking about it, I find I have pulled up to my favorite gun store and am walking inside. I go to the ammo shelves and buy 9mm ammo (if there is any and there usually is now). I have become a horder! OMG! a horder! I can't stop!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Why not buy them by the 1000 round pack?
It's cheaper per round and your wallet will feel the hit and it may curb your appetite.

I think many of us will rethink our bullet supplies in the future.
For me I can claim ignorance about ammo hoarding. I bought my 1st 9mm in late Sepember and two 50 packs. Since I don't shoot much I didn't need any more until January. Too late.

I'm thinking if I can latch onto a 1000 rounder, I can weather the next insanity.

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
You didn't say how many rounds you have hoarded.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I do the same thing except mine are brought by the FedEx guy. He knows me by first name at this point.

Sent from my bad a$$ Custom Epic 4G

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Unless you've a bit more ammo, like 20k rounds, and are buying by the case, I'd say you're far from a hoarder... Now go shoot some of it and have fun.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I'm nearing 1K ...so I believe I'm ok...for now. However, I have become a 'selective' horder. A month ago 115gr was a real find..now I'm on the hunt for 147gr., only. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Piffle. :) You should have developed these habits long ago. Taking care of yourself for the long term is nothing but smart. Smart people do it in many areas of their lives.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hoarding is a very relative term. In my eyes 1000 rounds is having a little ammo on hand. 1000 cats is hoarding. I am more of the Boy Scout philosophy.. Be Prepared. They never said what to prepare for so I need to be a good little scout and prepare for a long ammo dry spell.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm prepared then.

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Lets keep it all in perspective, I'm down to 7,700 rounds or 22lr and am starting to get worried. Others would see this amount and think I am crazy. When you are used to your family shooting 1,100 rounds a month then it is not really that much.

Now lets look at 7.62x54R, I still have around 200 rounds and am not too worried. If I shoot 20 rounds every other month I would be surprised.

It all comes down to your shooting habits. But even when I had 13,200+ rounds of .22lr I never once considered my self a hoarder. After all it is roughly a 50 mile round trip to Walmart and the only local place to buy ammo has almost always been over priced for my liking.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The good thing about this forum is the advise. Yep, I took it. Went to the range and shot up 100+ rounds. Feel much better now. Now, passing on my learning. My PT111 Pro is a tough pistol to shoot. I found I shoot much better one handed. Dead on both left and right at 21'. Two handed I shoot low left or left. I have to hold my PT like someone was going to take it from me. I mean tight..real tight. The tighter the better I shot. 115gr....isn't the most accurate anyway. I don't even bother anymore trying to line up the dots. I just point in the general direction of center and usually that is where it goes. Any way...advise given was good advise. Thanks...I am off 115gr from now on. Still have a few hundred rounds but that will go quickly (124 and 147 from now on) ..... AND - NO ISSUES with the PT. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use to keep no less than 1000 rounds per caliber but I also use to shoot tournaments. Lately is has been around 250 rounds.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
1k is what you keep in the shooting supply per caliber!

·
Administrator
18,414 Posts
Ok, I'm nearing 1K ...so I believe I'm ok...for now. However, I have become a 'selective' horder. A month ago 115gr was a real find..now I'm on the hunt for 147gr., only. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure you're not a hoarder.........yet! But please do keep working on it! ;) There's no such thing as too much ammunition! :D

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hell, I keep buying ammo that I can't shoot. Figure maybe I will pick up a rifle for it one day... I just hate going for ammo and getting none. So if they have 5.56 or 7.62x39 I grab a box or two. Have trades many of those boxes for accessories or ammo I need but can't find. Just starting to get scared the wife might check the ammo box.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're not a hoarder.........yet! But please do keep working on it! ;) There's no such thing as too much ammunition! :D
I've yet to meet anyone who feels that they have "too much" ammunition. :icon_ poke:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts