Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weighed the options..... .380 x 7 rounds or .40 x 16 rounds. I normally switch to a summer gun but I just can't do it anymore with what is going on with the Czar. You know what............I'm doubling up, pistols and clips , peace on him. :p Did I say clips? Ammo up my friends. ;)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Agree.

Anyway, a semi-auto has to hold at least 8 rounds before I'll consider carrying it for defense. Six rounds out of my drop dead reliable S&W snubnose revolver gives me more confidence than seven rounds out of semi-auto, even a better quality one. To me, the reliability gap has to be compensated for with capacity (or power, as in .45acp). JMHO.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Agree.

Anyway, a semi-auto has to hold at least 8 rounds before I'll consider carrying it for defense. Six rounds out of my drop dead reliable S&W snubnose revolver gives me more confidence than seven rounds out of semi-auto, even a better quality one. To me, the reliability gap has to be compensated for with capacity (or power, as in .45acp). JMHO.
Then I guess I'm hunting for the best of both worlds toting my little Rossi .44 Special (a near ballistic twin to the .45ACP) 5 shooter. Revolver reliability with serious punch in a concealable package.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Stripper Clips?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Agree.

The original 1911 and 1911A have served well for over 100 years with only the original 7 round mag. They were also designed so that all parts would interchange without hand fitting. Granted nearly all troops carried extra magazines and the mag's had lanyard rings on them so that they didn't end up getting lost in the heat of battle.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Agree.

The 1911 and 1911A1 has served well for over 100 years in combat with a 7 round magazine and they were designed so that all the parts were interchangeable without hand fitting. Granted that nearly all troops carried multiple mag's and they had lanyard rings on the base to help reduce loss in combat.

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
I weighed the options..... .380 x 7 rounds or .40 x 16 rounds. I normally switch to a summer gun but I just can't do it anymore with what is going on with the Czar. You know what............I'm doubling up, pistols and clips , peace on him. :p Did I say clips? Ammo up my friends. ;)
Clips? You've been watching too much network news. Try gun magazines for your info.

;);)

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I think ozzy has been bitten by a liberal. See, he slipped and said "clip". Next, he'll be talking about evil black rifles. Load up on the Zombie ammo!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Get you a Theis Holster and you can carry any gun comfortably all year long.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Summer gun? I carry both of the above year-round... even in the Texas summer heat/humidity.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's spring must be calves for the fries yumyum:eek:
Not for me I had Ribeye's when down your way. Carlos and Charlies was a hoot. :chug:

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts