Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out and about and walked into a couple of local gun shops and found a Browning that I had to take home. Specifically a Baby Browning. The serial number works out to have her made in 1962, by FN in Belgium. She is a pre gun control act import. Looks to be in great condition inside and out from what I can see.

I have not had a chance to shoot her yet. I might get a chance next week, I'm not sure.

If she shoots well she will be a good little pocket gun... And yes, I will feel fine with a .25acp (or 6.35mm as she is marked) :D

.25 Browning.jpg

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sweet find. Looks to be in great shape, bet it will suit your needs quite well. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Looks minty...great find!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
And yes, I will feel fine with a .25acp (or 6.35mm as she is marked) :D
Congrats on the gun.

Remember the old adage from the leejack archives; it's more about the Indian than it is about the arrow. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats! Talk about conceal! that looks to be great.

·
22,958 Posts
Classic! Nice find! Little handguns are always interesting, especially if they are all steel and very well made. My Colt approves.

It would interesting to shoot them side by side. I don't think the Browning has a grip safety, and on this size/type of pistol, that may be a good thing. Again, congratulations!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Dang, I've wanted a Colt VP since I was a teen. What year is that one?

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Mr. Saturday night special
Got a barrel that's blue and cold
Ain't good for nothin'
But put a man six feet in a hole

·
22,958 Posts
Dang, I've wanted a Colt VP since I was a teen. What year is that one?
It's depressing; 1929. Walked into a shop in Albuquerque, and there it was, at an any-good-looking-Colt-is-worth-that price. And then I talked them down $50. The other customer who asked about it five minutes later was quite disappointed.

Old blued guns. There's nothing quite like them.

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
Old guns. If you sit quietly with them, you can hear their whispers and catch glimpses of their stories in your mind's eye.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Welcome to The Mouse (Gun) Club!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Great find. I love the old 6.35mm guns. Any type any design. Beautiful gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts