1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Congrats welcome to the club.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hey Frosty, congrats on your acquisition of the stellar PT740 Slim!

I love mine.:wub:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats, my slim is my EDC. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Congratulations on your new gun....and don't forget the pictures :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats! I bought mine to replace the Kel Crap that I carried for the past couple of years. I'm here to tell you that the Taurus Slim is WAY Superior than the Competition. I LOVE my Slim 740.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the great words of support! Now I need to get to taking photos! I'm slow as I took the kids shooting Saturday and then took them to the "Fun Show" yesterday! Good family way to spend their Spring Break! (Two boys 13 & 16) The 13 year old is nicknamed the "Jr. Sniper" man can he shoot his .22 rifles. Fun to see them shoot the 24/7 OSS in .45 ACP (not a problem for either, of course I'm always right to the side and behind just in case)
Frosty

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and I have noticed that the magazine doesn't really drop free out of the grip like I am used to after engaging the magazine release. It "pops" out a little, but I need to grip the bottom of the magazine and pull out to remove it. Is that normal for this model?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and I have noticed that the magazine doesn't really drop free out of the grip like I am used to after engaging the magazine release. It "pops" out a little, but I need to grip the bottom of the magazine and pull out to remove it. Is that normal for this model?
not really, it should drop free.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Good deal. I like my 709 so much that I'm tempted by the 40 version as well.
Here, let me give you a gentle "push" in that direction! ;) ("wink, wink")

02 - 740 Slim.left slant.JPG

1 - 20 of 27 Posts