Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple years my favorite pistol...well lets be honest it was my only pistol, but.....nobody could convince me otherwise it wasnt the best 9mm ever made. lol Well I decided to purchase another handgun in another caliber. So i went with the very manly .45, I pondered .40, but I figured go big or go home right? So i bought a Ruger SR45, and immediately I loved the look and feel. I took it to the range last week and was very surprised that my PT92 seemed to kick harder than the Ruger. Needless to say this gun is my new favorite, I'm retiring the PT92 and carrying the Ruger from now on. Anyone else have this gun? I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to buy a nice and inexpensive .45. The trigger pull is like silk and butter both, if they could go together lol I will post pics later.

·
22,036 Posts
Don't have that Ruger, but .45 is my favorite caliber to shoot, hands down. It's awesome. Glad you're liking your new pistol!

We're gonna hold you to it about the pics.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice. I've heard good things about the SR45.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Congrats on the SR45.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
The Man Has Seen The Light....

1- 1-.45ACP.jpg

Reactions: bamashooter

·
22,036 Posts
Anybody else hear Alison Krause in their heads when they see this thread title?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase, the SR's have great triggers and it's hard to beat a Ruger.

I own and shoot autos in 9mm and .45. I like both my 9s, particularly my G19, but every time I shoot them I think to myself how I'd rather be shooting a .45. One piece of advice to you as a new .45 owner, learn to reload if you don't already, otherwise you'll go broke.

.45 ACP and .30-06 are two cartridges every American should own atleast one firearm chambered for. If you don't, you might as well move to Canada.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Glad you found something you like! I find that I usually gravitate to shooting the newest gun in my safe. So right now, its the Kahr CW380, then the pt111 G2, then the 809(when it gets back from Miami).

·
Administrator
17,670 Posts
Congratulations on your new Ruger SR45 and may it serve you well! :cool:

I'm going to have to try one of those.

Reactions: Dsnellz73

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations on your new Ruger SR45 and may it serve you well! :cool:

I'm going to have to try one of those.
I love the way this gun feels in every way and the trigger is amazingly nice for the price range this gun fell in. I think you will not be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Agree with everyone so far - Congrats! Usually not surprised to hear someone liking the .45ACP recoil but hearing it is less than a steel 9mm us a little surprising.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts