Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...either way I think this is AWESOME!

I never liked the bowed out hump on the grip tang as shown here.

I got my 24/7 Pro C becasue it DIDN'T have it. I was hoping that someday the newer 24/7 Pro's would have the same reverse bow as the Pro C and look!!!!

I saw this on GA just now. I saw a blue 4" and it had the same reverse bow!!!

Now I can get a full sized Pro !!!! :clap: :) :clap: :yipee:

Okay, so it's not a big deal to some but for some reason, I hated how it looked. Now that obstacle has been removed! 24/7 Pro 9mm will be mine upon tax return!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't see what you mean.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is what I mean.

I wish aesthetics meant nothing to me but then if it didn't I'd probably carry a Glock. :puke:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think Taurus redesigned that region so that it minimizes the flip-up due to recoil. Anyway, it is good to see that Taurus is making continous improvement.

btw What's the need for 24/7 LS when the 24/7 OSS comes out?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
baryon said:
I think Taurus redesigned that region so that it minimizes the flip-up due to recoil. Anyway, it is good to see that Taurus is making continous improvement.

btw What's the need for 24/7 LS when the 24/7 OSS comes out?
Overall the OSS is probably the better version with it's match barrel and ambi safety.

But it doesn't have the ribber grip and is also more expensive. Could be a consideration for some.

I'm hoping they have other colors planned for the OSS other than tan. Black or gray would be a welcome departure. As would a 4" version.

Nothing wrong with offering both a standard ("pro") and a deluxe ("OSS") model. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Actually, I am eagerly waiting for the PT809 instead of the OSS. I hope it is Beretta 92 action on a polymer frame which is less complex internally than 24/7. ;D Which means I can take it apart. :D

·
Administrator
17,670 Posts
baryon said:
Actually, I am eagerly waiting for the PT809 instead of the OSS. I hope it is Beretta 92 action on a polymer frame which is less complex internally than 24/7. ;D Which means I can take it apart.
Nope! The PT809 will be a Sig/Browning Tilt barrel lockup action, as is the 24/7 always has been. As to whether it has Takedown latch or Takedown pin style disassembly remains to be seen, but if current trends in Taurus design hold, it will probably be a Takedown pin style as the current 24/7's are.

The 24/7 OSS prototypes that made it around the Gun Press had Takedown latch style disassembly. Whether that stays that way will be unknown. Taurus continually makes improvements and changes design based on customer feedback, so anything could happen there.

I so need an HDTV Crystal Ball! :D

If you are having trouble field stripping your 24/7, there are threads and FAQ's that address that here. Avail yourself of them and enjoy your 24/7! I love mine!

As for the rear Grip Tang hump, I like the older style I have. Would have to shoot one with the newer style rear grip tang to know whether it makes a difference during the recoil cycle. I'm thinking it may not be an improvement if the newer tang impacts the top of the shooting hand. The newer 24/7's I wound be considering would be in .45 ACP and they might be a bit more Muzzle Flippy and that would be more critical for that tang. Currently, my only 24/7 is a 9mm and hardly recoils at all!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I meant a detail strip not a field strip. I love disassembling more than shooting them. ;D
I am yet to find a source for detail stripping a 24/7.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
MPanova said:
the 24/7 is not hard to take down and put together ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S5oS8S-t_Y
NP, but you missed the essense of the question. Detailed tear down, further than what is needed to do a basic clean. There are area's of all semi's that need occasional cleaning that the normal does not get too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Open it up and then run it through the dishwasher. Then spray it with PAM.

·
Registered
663 Posts
baryon said:
What's the need for 24/7 LS when the 24/7 OSS comes out?
What's the need for the LS, period? What I've found just recently says the barrel is no longer. Is the sight radius that important? Is the info about the barrels being the same wrong? Inquiring minds, etc.

JimL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JimL said:
What's the need for the LS, period? What I've found just recently says the barrel is no longer. Is the sight radius that important? Is the info about the barrels being the same wrong? Inquiring minds, etc.

JimL
Wow, they must have just dumped the longlside recently. I'm pretty sure I saw it on their site just yesterday or the day before.

I guess the OSS will be their LS now. That's okay. As long as they keep making the 24/7 Pro with the 4" barrel, I'm happy.

But to answer your question, a longer sighting plane does tend to make for better target accuracy but not only that, you get a velocity boost as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ugh! Nevermind. When I choose "24/7" pistols it doesn't show the LS but when I go to the gun selector and pick 9mm it shows them again.

I really love that website. And by really love it I mean really, really hate it.

·
21,937 Posts
Hmm, I have had my 24/7 9mm LS for about 3 months. The reason I wanted this version was to shoot steel and IPSC with it. I am happy to say it serves that purpose well. Also who knows when the OSS models will actually be available. I want one of the OSS models when they are out but unless they operate as nice as my LS I will probably not switch for competition.

·
21,937 Posts
Anyway its a good lookin gun.(firearm, tool, toy, weapon, other)

·
21,937 Posts
Well it appears I don't have this picture posting thing figured out yet..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts