Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep telling myself this, as I sit here in the woods trying to call one in. Had 3 Jakes within 75 yards right at sunrise but they didn't want to come any closer and loose one of their friends.

Using a Benelli SBE today. With a .40 cal. 24/7 G2 on my hip just to get used to carrying it and to kill a wolf if one thinks I'm a turkey

·
10,379 Posts
LoL I hear ya. Wild Turkeys are a lot smarter/clever than people give 'em credit for. That and I think they've got Kryptonian eyesight and hearing. I've lost more arrows in trees because the freakin turkey heard the release and dodged...

Domestic turkeys...dumber than a bag of hammers...we lost 5 of 'em in a rain storm...started raining..dumb things all looked up at the rain and drowned.

Good luck on your hunt

Reactions: Bearair

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I envey the hunters who can lure the birds into bow range. I can't even get them into gun range.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Hope you have better luck on your next hunt.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Good luck! I should try turkey hunting. They are more plentiful than pheasant in my area these days.......

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck this year I guess they were smarter than me! Have to go back to work now damit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts