Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some new sights for my PT1911. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good Night sights or any 3 dot sights that will fit this 1911. I also had another question about holsters. Does anyone know of any good holsters that would be good for this gun as well?? Thanks a bunch guys I really appreciate the help!!!

STITCH

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Any 5" 1911 holster should fit...but I think you will need go with another Heinie sight, since that's what the slide was cut for, not sure if any other sights will fit the dovetail...or you can have a smith recut it....

·
Registered
4 Posts
FOR YOUR HOLSTER LOOK AT BLACKHAWK FOR A SERPA STYLE. WITH ADAPTORS INCLUDED CAN BE BELT, PADDLE OR SCREWED INTO SHOULDER HARNESS. EXTREMELY POSITIVE RETENTION SYSTEM.

DON'T PUT IT AWAT 'BROKE'

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Blackhawk Serpa for a Glock 19 and so far I really like it. It holds the gun securely and is very comfortable. Of the two belt attachment thingys I like the paddle best. Just this morning I placed an order with Midway for another one for the PT1911. I didn't need a concealment holster but one that would take the wear and tear of ranching and this one looks like it will fill the bill.

Des

·
Registered
8 Posts
TSC said:
FOR YOUR HOLSTER LOOK AT BLACKHAWK FOR A SERPA STYLE. WITH ADAPTORS INCLUDED CAN BE BELT, PADDLE OR SCREWED INTO SHOULDER HARNESS. EXTREMELY POSITIVE RETENTION SYSTEM.

DON'T PUT IT AWAT 'BROKE'
a word on the serpa, i got one about 4 months ago for my pt 1911 as positive retetion is a must for NGTR comp. my pt would not lock in without pushing very hard and then it was hard to release. my springer and colt would fit perfect. onthe pt the hump just forward of the mag release on both sides of the frame were a tad to wide and i had to releave the holster at those points.but after doing this it is a great holster. i have talk to one other person that had the same prob. seems the pt may be a touch out of spec. but man what great pistol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
you can go to Heinie's web site and they make henine night sights for 1911 style pistols, but the ones that fit the pt140 were like 216 before shipping

1 - 9 of 9 Posts