Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been thinking of painting the front sight of my 850 38. My aging eyes had a hard time with the front sight some. I was really hesitent to do it. But I kept telling myself it is just paint. I could take it off if needed. Well I just did it and it is great. Obviously I haven't shot it yet, but just sighting it up at home here is worlds better than before. I simply cleaned the sight with glass cleaner to get any oil of the sight. Then used modelers paint I had here in orange. I am sure this will help my shooting. If not I will have to come up with another excuse.

Bill

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, if it works, why not? Some folks hate an orange-tipped front sight, others love it. If it doesn't help your shooting, let us know about the next excuse!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I enjoy the orange insert on my 607. The lighting at the bench can seem pretty dim at the indoor range I go to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good choice on painting the sight, all my fixed sight wheelguns have painted front sights. Usually it's bright orange, but after painting the M85's sight super-bright green, I think they'll all be this color green from now on.

JLaw

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I tried white out once....;) works fine and is easy to clean off..

btw you might want to consider the Daysighters (see sponsor link above) I'm thinking of getting them for one of my guns.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
btw you might want to consider the Daysighters (see sponsor link above) I'm thinkong of getting them for one of my guns.
+1 :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
I use "Rust-Oleum" Appliance Touch-Up in White on all my sights that are not already hi-lited... Dries to a hard finish and does a Great job...

·
Registered
24 Posts
JLaw said:
Good choice on painting the sight, all my fixed sight wheelguns have painted front sights. Usually it's bright orange, but after painting the M85's sight super-bright green, I think they'll all be this color green from now on.

JLaw
I use Lime Green model car paint on all of my sights. They show up better for me indoors or out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
kansas45 said:
I use Lime Green model car paint on all of my sights. They show up better for me indoors or out.
I've seen that color on a gun sight and it really jumps out at you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts