Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guy called my cell phone tonight asking for some girl named Carrie. I politely told him he must have the wrong number and hung up the phone. Several minutes later the guy called back asking for the same girl named Carrie and I told him again that he had the wrong number and hung up again. Almost immediately he calls back demanding to speak with her and I again told him he had the wrong number, before I could hang up he started cussing and yelling at me which of course did annoy me, but I did hang up anyway. A couple of minutes went by and this guy once again called back being rude as before, so this time I told him he would have to call back later because Carrie didn't want to talk to him right now and we where about to go take a shower together...

You can imagine his response (LOL), I assume Carrie was his wife or girl friend because of the things he was yelling. I do feel I little bad for the trouble I am sure Carrie will be getting into, but this guy was calling my private cellphone number that literally only two people have the number for, so it serves him right and I think that after talking to this guy, Carrie could do alot better anyway. :D :D :D

So back to my question, does this make me a Donkey (ass)?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Somedeatbeathad my cell number before me. I still get bill collectors calling for him and getting nasty with me, so I just give it right back, and then some. If they can't take the hint the first time, they deserve it.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
In some ways, yes. However, with the way the guy was acting it doesn't matter. I hope that Carrie (whoever she is) is this guy's ex, and that she managed to screw him over big time.

If he calls again, I'd make a note of the time (recording the previous times would help is possible) and phone number etc and call LE. He might get himself into some trouble. There is a change that Carrie has an OFP against him....

Steelheart

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hope you don't cause Carrie to get beatdown... or worse. Don't really know this jerks state of mind. Just my .02

·
Registered
124 Posts
On one cell phone I had I'd get calls about if the shipment was in. I gave them hell one time... and they'd still call every once in a while.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hope Carrie didn't get too much he*( from that one, but the guy was a total jerk. I think I would have done the same type of thing to him also. I was getting calls from several numbers that would hangup right after I answered the phone. I labeled them "dont", "dont1", "dont2", etc., so that when I see that name appear, I don't answer. the phone company was no help because allthey could do was give me a new number, duh. Problem has gone away for now, but still..........

Jim

·
Registered
128 Posts
No you are not a donkey. Excellent answer and excellent restraint. This person is a jerk and will eventually learn the number is wrong; possibly to the detriment of his relationship. It won't take much to prove him wrong and even less to prove him a donkey. Being stupid or being a jerk isn't unlawful but can be unprofitable.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You never know, this may have been a punk just messing with you and there is no 'Carrie' at all. I think this way b/c I am the world's worst (I think best!!) on-phone prankster when I get unsolicited calls from sales people and the like.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When some schmuck like that calls let them drop to voice mail and leave a message. That way if they leave a nasty message you can save it and turn it over to your phone company reporting the person for harrassment. They won't be so nasty to their next caller(s) when they get into some real trouble.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When my wife and I first moved to our current place (some years ago), we kept getting calls from collectors for the person who had our telephone number previously. After trying to explain to these collectors for a couple weeks, my wife got fed up at the (female) collector. Here is the end of the conversation (as I remember it):

Collector: Listen, misses ______. I now know that you are home because we are talking on the phone. I'm going to send our agents to your house right now and collect our [whatever they heck it was]. They will be knocking on your door very soon.

Wife (who is plenty PO'd at this point): Fine. You know what? You're right. I AM home. Go ahead. Send those agents. I'll be waiting!

Then my wife hung up.

At this point, I was rolling on the floor with tears in my eyes. I would just LOVE to have been a fly on the wall at the schmuck's house if/when the "agents" showed up.

Heh - still cracks me up!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Twenty years ago, when I got my current phone number I would get phone calls for a garage door company that previously had the number. One Sat. a fellow called five times insisting I do something about his remote opener that wouldn't work. Each time I told him this was a privete residence, and he had the wrong number. The sixth time I asked if he knew our location (the business) and he said yes. I told him to destroy the old remote so bad guys can't scan the code from it, and come over and we'd give him a new one. He never called back. :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
My wife had something similar last night but the person calling only spoke spanish. After 5 calls my wife did her best to tell them in spanish that the person they were looking for wasn't here. Didn't know how to say " your calling the wrong number" :???:

·
Registered
26 Posts
DRAEGER said:
I told him he would have to call back later because Carrie didn't want to talk to him right now and we where about to go take a shower together...
So back to my question, does this make me a Donkey (ass)?
You shouldn't have waited till he called back the 4th time. I would have said that the 2nd time he called back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts