Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypothetically speaking, if you were only allowed one Taurus autoloader and one Taurus revolver for the next 5 years, what would your choices be and why? In this hypothetical scenario these will be the only two firearms in your possession for that period of time.

I would approach this for a versatility standpoint -- which two firearms and calibers are going to offer me the most flexibility in covering whatever bases I need covered (i.e. hunting, self-defense in the home, ccw etc...)

Personally, I'd opt for the following two:

* Revolver: Tracker .357 w/ 4" barrel

* Autoloader: PT92

My needs would mainly be for home defense, perhaps small game up to and including whitetail deer and for recreational shooting. If I had to rely on only two Tauri for a period of five years, those would be my choices.

PS -- I'd perhaps be so bold as to try taking whitetail with the PT92. From accounts I've seen on other forums, a gentleman named Mr. Stephen Camp has successfully taken whitetails with his Browning Hi-Powers. I'd definitely go after them with the Tracker and the right .357 loads.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The revolver is easy for me. A 44 Tracker 4" in stainless. Its the only 44 that fits my hands.

The autoloader is more difficult for me. I'm not sure but I'd lean towards something smallish in 9mm (for the cheaper ammo prices). This would be the primary carry gun.

Just a side note, Stephen Camp also admits to passing on many shots at those smaller sized Texas whitetails. But his stuff is always a good read. I highly recommend it.

Steelheart

·
Registered
299 Posts
M62, stainless, PT1911. Serviceable, carriable, definately shootable. Not to mention killable.

·
Registered
625 Posts
PT92 9mm, probably Tauruses finest weapon to date, and a Taurus Gaucho, .357 Magnum.

Todd

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good choices guys. I'd likely reconsider my revolver choice if I lived in an area with larger and/or dangerous game that the .357 Tracker would be ill-suited for. :)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Never mind, this post was in reference to some nonsense posts that have been deleted.

Steelheart

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Judge, I don't have a rational reason, I just like it. Another 24/7 Pro .40. This would be my carry gun and my first one would be for range use, target practice and plinking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts