Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got mine used with a hideous neon green camo hydro wrap, but at a good price at least. Looks like I will likely have to have my TCP redone with graphics. I was originally thinking of just going with matte black (like the original) or maybe carbon fiber, but then I stumbled across this pattern which I really dig:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

I know it's all about personal preference, but I was just curious what others thought. It's "Urban Midnight Digital Camo"

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Very Nice!

Reactions: lldsandsll

·
Registered
526 Posts
The carbon dips (and any fake carbon lookalike) looks like trash so I would stay away from that one. The one you posted looks much better!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sharkbite is the only place i saw with this specific graphic. i happened upon the design just looking through their site. i picked them because they're minutes away from where i live. i'm not sure what their pricing is, but i've seen comparable jobs go for $125, give or take.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it have any impact to the gun? Firing, cleaning, holstering wear, etc? What about warranty? I'm intrigued :D
it doesn't affect use, or internal cleaning. not sure on warranty, but it shouldn't. when you have your piece done at a good shop, they completely take it apart and only coat those parts that can be safely coated. forgot to mention before, but you can choose which pieces they coat, and the cost is adjusted accordingly. also, if you look real close at the walther pictured above, the material leaves a super thin coat. so thin, you can still see every detail originally on the pistol.

this video shows the application getting tested for durability: Water.Transfer.Printing (Hydrographics).Durability.Test | HG Arts (www.hgarts.com) - YouTube

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dropped my TCP off today at shark bite customs in fort lauderdale, fl. they have a phenomenal reputation from all the local stores, and everyone who's ever used them. the owner was really cool. he allowed me to come in after hours, and even took me on a tour of the place so i could see how much effort they put into their product. it was really neat, and gave me a good feeling.

he's going to take a before picture of my TCP to show how poor quality the original wrap was, as it's already flaking off, and the pattern was applied upside down. he's then going to strip down the remaining coating, and recoat mine the pattern you see in the beginning of this thread. once done, i will update this thread with pics, so look out for the next post in here.

he also guaranteed his work for life. he said it shouldn't wear off from regular use, even if it lives in my pocket every day. he said if it ever does show wear for any reason from normal use (other than dropping it, or somehow scratching it really hard), he'll fix it for as long as i own the gun. his personal guarantee made me feel better about it. i treat my guns like my phones. i don't need a case, because i don't drop them.

so keep an eye on this thread and you'll see the first MUD (modern urban digital) camo TCP by next week sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts