Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to snag one of the Special Opportunity Fall Hunt Permits for the Green Swamp West (Fl) Gun-Deer & Hog hunts for February 2014. Has anyone ever hunted during on of these permit periods, or in the general area that might be able to offer some helpful hints? Thanx in advance!

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
I was able to snag one of the Special Opportunity Fall Hunt Permits for the Green Swamp West (Fl) Gun-Deer & Hog hunts for February 2014. Has anyone ever hunted during on of these permit periods, or in the general area that might be able to offer some helpful hints? Thanx in advance!
Good luck! I never looked into these hunts before. I might have to do some research on these. What did the permit cost?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'd keep a large caliber sidearm on me in case you run into a hog while hunting them or other game. That way you're still armed if you drop your rifle while shimmying up the closest tree. Those are some downright mean critters, and they'll charge without a second thought.

Sent from my Eludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I'd keep a large caliber sidearm on me in case you run into a hog while hunting them or other game. That way you're still armed if you drop your rifle while shimmying up the closest tree. Those are some downright mean critters, and they'll charge without a second thought.

+1...

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
be sure and go over restrictions our have shot gun only in our part of fla some othe areas limit to 3 inch shells also
jhp

·
Registered
6,941 Posts

What he said. Hogs ain't something to be taken lightly. Those tusks aren't for show.

They are smart, mean, fast and unbelievably tough (as in, if you don't put the first shot where it has to go, all you do is pi$$ it off and hogs ain't above coming after you). Throw in the domesticated breed/wild boar hybrids like the infamous 'Hogzilla' (which was shot about 50 miles from where I'm sitting right now) and then you've got something smart, mean, tough and huge.

That's why I don't go into the woods without a wheelgun that's chambered for a round that starts with a '4'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts