1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
How assnine he was trying to help but you fgotta obay the laws

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yeah, it is the upside down universe in which we live. However, if it's cute enough then I guess that it must be okay....

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
I'm sure Eric Holder is working up a few Federal charges for this guy as we speak. He doesn't want anyone in Arizona to think he's not diligent about enforcing the law!

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I had a pet raccoon (Rocky) he was a great pet. I also had a squirrel (Mr. Chippets) he was a good pet as well. I had a duck for a pet (Huey) she would follow he around the neighborhood. Then, there was the coyote (Kojack) couldn't domesticate him.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Wow, idiots are in Arizona government too.

What is it about government that attracts so many idiots?

Reactions: sandman 11

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
This points out something that's way wrong with this country. "In fact, Arizona Game and Fish Department officers were only alerted to the situation when reports began surfacing of a man walking around town with a raccoon perched on his shoulders." Everybody's got their nose in everybody else's business. Used to be that was a good way to get it cut off.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I've had a raccoon, skunk, bob cat, ocelot and ferret when my kids were growing up as well as the usual dogs, cats etc. All I can say is raccoons get mean after they hit maturity. Skunks are great pets until they get sick and veterinarians won't treat them. Ferrets stick period as well as tend to bit. Bob cat was great except it killed other cats and the same with the ocelot. Fact is I would own another skunk and not bother with the others.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
At the bottom of the article it says they will have to kill the raccoon if it isn't properly adopted.

Ya gotta love government intelligence!

Reactions: sandman 11

·
Super Moderator
35,525 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
The article was updated. The only way the raccoon will be put to sleep if it tests positive for a infectious disease. And he didn't get arrested for the coon but outstanding issues.

Sarge

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Wow, idiots are in Arizona government too.

What is it about government that attracts so many idiots?
They are legislators, they are elected to pass laws, laws that we do not need, but they have to be doing something, so this is what you get.

People empty headedly wine about a 'do nothing congress', when the fools should be glad they have one.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The article was updated. The only way the raccoon will be put to sleep if it tests positive for a infectious disease. And he didn't get arrested for the coon but outstanding issues.

Sarge
Thank you Sarge.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Sounds like one of the policemen didn't like what he saw, so he made something up on the spot to hold to hold the man, while he searched through the man's background and found a minor crime, which he would not have been able to do otherwise. Raccoon must be registered as an exotic pet, bet they had to really stretch the interpretation of the law to make that one fit? I also bet that is does not mention raccoons in the law that requires a permit for exotic animals.

I have a close friend who is both a retired police detective and a retired lawyer, he has told me numerous times that Alabama state law is so convoluted and contradictory that as quickly as you can find where it says you can't do something, you can find another part that says you can. He said few policemen really know the law, other than the major stuff. He did a search of Alabama law one time and showed me where in different parts of state law it said Alabama was a "shall issue" CCW permit state, a "may issue" CCW permit state and a "you don't need a permit" state, if you believe your life might be in danger in the area through which you are traveling, either for business or pleasure.

Something tells me that Arizona law may be about the same.

Oh, and since Alabama illegal alien bill was passed into law, and many illegal aliens have departed our dear state, the unemployment rate in those areas most affected has dropped. It seems that in deed illegal aliens were holding down jobs that Americans were willing to do.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
GreenWolf, don't know about anywhere else but if they get a call here to come to see you, they run yer butt on the way there. And yes, this is from personal experience.

Sarge

·
Registered
597 Posts
Go figure. Another crime was probably committed because this dumb cop was busy harassing a man with his pet. Some will say "well he had priors", I say so what, if it wasn't for the raccoon, no one would have paid him any mind in the first place.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts