Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I don't have any, but I will get some soon as I can.

99grain 930fps from a 2.75" short barrel is the word so far

All my handguns hold HSTs except for my poor TCP having to play with Gold Dots

·
Registered
497 Posts
They'll probably expand too soon just like most bullets designed to work in 'real' cartridges when applied to 380. My only hope is that the reason they have't offered this before is because they were working that out. Their 9mm and up are fantastic. Can't wait to see ShootingTheBull's video ;)

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason they didn't have 380 before was because they only focused on department issued carry calibers, guess they finally decided to get in on the citizenry since ccl has been on the rise.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
HST was originally a follow on to Hydra-Shok. It meant Hydra-Shok Technology.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I've been carrying Federial Premium Hydra-Shok in my 380s for over a year now, Is the HST different that Hydra-Shok?

Reactions: Chickamauga

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
HST was originally a follow on to Hydra-Shok. It meant Hydra-Shok Technology.
Can you cite a source for this? I remember reading this was just something people assumed incorrectly.

dadillac- yes, from what I've seen and read, the HST bullet is a completely new design from the Hydrashok. Hydrashoks feature the post thing with non-bonded jacket, HSTs just have a hollow cavity with crimping to connect jacket and core.
What HST stands for, idk, but it's not HydraShok Two/Tech/Talon/Tactical/TryAgain
Might've been Hi-Shok Two according to a guy according to one of the design engineers, but the company's official stance is that it doesn't stand for anything.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
...but the company's official stance is that it doesn't stand for anything.
That's dumb. Maybe that's why I couldn't figure out what it was. Marketing FAIL.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it should stand for Humongous Starfish Trauma

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Winter time with heavy coats may not penetrate at .380 speeds so I load a few solids after the HP's just in case but my Thunder Plus has a 15 round mag.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Winter time with heavy coats may not penetrate at .380 speeds so I load a few solids after the HP's just in case but my Thunder Plus has a 15 round mag.
I up my carry to a 9mm for the cold months. If others are wearing winter coats, so are you, which makes it easier to conceal a larger weapon. You might want to look into a larger cal/lower capacity for the same size and weight as the Bersa if penetration is your concern.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I have some older literature that identifies the HST as "Hydra-shock technology". According to Federal in that blurb, it was an improvement on the basic Hydra-shok.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I up my carry to a 9mm for the cold months. If others are wearing winter coats, so are you, which makes it easier to conceal a larger weapon. You might want to look into a larger cal/lower capacity for the same size and weight as the Bersa if penetration is your concern.
Not a concern, I carry my PT145 in the Winter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think it should stand for Humongous Starfish Trauma

That brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful... I think I'll grown some.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts