Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, pleased to meet you. As you can see, I'm from Round Rock, in the Central Texas area. I own an Interarms-imported Rossi 92 (the ones without the safety on the bolt) in .45 Colt, and a Taurus Model 63 semi-automatic rifle. The 63 was a gift from my uncle when I turned 16 some years back, and I bought the Rossi 92 off a friend just a few months ago. I absolutely love them both to bits.

I actually came here in search of help with my Model 63; my firing pin snapped during a range session, and I can't find one online at all. I was thinking I may be looking in the wrong places, but I don't think this is exactly the thread for this, so please leave the suggestions behind for now. However, I'd love if someone could point me in the right direction on where to post about this.

Thanks a bunch in advance. After looking around a bit, you guys really seem to rock.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello from StL. MO!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum,from Ft Worth
PS Say hello to Sam Bass for me.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone. I think I found where to post my issue on my own. I guess I'll be seeing a lot more of you in the future.

Man, there are a LOT of people from Texas on here.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Can't help you on your question, but welcome from Pflugerville!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Welcome to TA...

I have never dealt with this outfit but their site says contact them about other than the page?? I guess its that for find a gunsmith to make ONE??

ALL Availalbe FIRING PINS: Bob's Gun Shop. 1400 models of firing pins in stock, Astra Firing Pins, Colt Firing Pins,Stevens Firing Pins, Beretta Firing Pins,Springfield Firing Pins, Savage Firing Pins. Factory Firing Pins, Excamd Firing Pins, Hawes F

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/rifle_manual.pdf

THis article says its a reproduction of the Winchester 63, is it possible the Winchester parts would work.... http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus63R.htm

Winchester firing pin, look familiar
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/996219/glend-arms-firing-pin-winchester-63

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Salutations from an old Taurus guy in Northern Mississippi.

Pull up a chair, kick back, and enjoy sharing ideas and experiences with some of the finest folks:angel::guns:
:ph34r::thumb: who assemble on the web.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to TA...

I have never dealt with this outfit but their site says contact them about other than the page?? I guess its that for find a gunsmith to make ONE??

ALL Availalbe FIRING PINS: Bob's Gun Shop. 1400 models of firing pins in stock, Astra Firing Pins, Colt Firing Pins,Stevens Firing Pins, Beretta Firing Pins,Springfield Firing Pins, Savage Firing Pins. Factory Firing Pins, Excamd Firing Pins, Hawes F

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/rifle_manual.pdf

THis article says its a reproduction of the Winchester 63, is it possible the Winchester parts would work.... Taurus Model 63R .22 Rifle

Winchester firing pin, look familiar
Glend Arms Firing Pin Winchester 63
I appreciate you helping me look into the matter. The Winchester 63 pins do look similar, but they're not exactly the same. The Taurus pin has a notch in it for their key safety. I don't use the key safety, though, so it may still fire the gun, while the key safety may be rendered inert. I don't want to spend extra money trying it out quite yet, but I'll see.

I went ahead and made a topic for the matter here, so if you find anything else, please post it there.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts