Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang
Im a Big time gun nut and love my leveraction's, I have been a forum member of Marlin Owners for a couple of years and just found out about this forum. Im going to be purchasing a New rossi Model 92 Carbine in 44mag and wanted to come here and find out all i can before i purchase....;) Im planning on getting one off the auction sites, Any Problems or Concerns known here about buying that way???? I have levers in 30-30, 35, 444, and "45-70 My Favorite" and now its time to get me a 44...

Also what are my options with the 92 as far as peep/ghost ring sights? I see you can do a barrel mounted peep such as a Skinner, but do they have any holes to mount a receiver mounted peep?

Sorry for all the questions, but i figure you guys will know and im just getting started.... LOL

Thanks for havin me here, i look forward to learning and lendin a hand where i can....

BloodGroove4570

PS,
Any MarlinOwners here or MO members :guns:

·
Super Moderator
36,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! I don't have any Rossi's but did buy a Marlin in 44 Magnum used last year. Haven't had it out much, maybe 50 rounds in two outings. Had it jam up early in the last trip and didn't have any tools (shame on me). I believe it was a double feed out of the magazine. I have a friend who shoots USPSA every now and again who also shoots CAS and is a gunsmith. I may have him work it over to slick it up and shorten the cycle.

Welcome again!

·
Super Moderator
27,001 Posts
Welcome from Cen FL. The only lever action I own is a Henry...But I love it and they still accept me on here.
PS I am one of 4 token Brits on the site.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! I don't currently have any lever actions, but have in the past. If you are buying online, I've made a couple of purchases from Bud's and was very satisfied. JMO

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Super Moderator
40,551 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.....formerly of New York City.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Everyone for the nice Welcomes :D, I just got home from shootin a lttle with the TC Contender and Browning BL22, just had to get out and enjoy the day...

Now im gonna check and see what i can find on here.....:guns: As far as info on that 92,
See'ya in the forums

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Jacksonville, FL!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts