Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Welcome from Oregon
How are you doing with all of the wild fires out there?

I'd like to thank everyone thus far for a warm welcome.

Florida- Been there, used to have family there. Jacksonville. Love the seafood, the beaches, and Crystal burgers.
New York- I was born in Oneonta matter of fact. Spent time in Cooperstown and Edicott. Have witnessed apple cider being pressed. Delivered newspapers with my dad early mornings to the grocery stores. Had an aunt that lived in Brooklyn so spent some time in NYC and ate at some of the best delis the world will ever know.
Pennsylvania- Lived there too for a while. Scranton and Wilkes Barre. I remember Godfather's pizza and Genessee Cream Ale billboards.
Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Washington- never been to those places.
Texas? Used to have family there too, close to the gulf coast, but nothing lost in Texas. Have flown through Dallas several times.Never left the airport. Plenty of AK gurus seem to live in Texas.
Oklahoma- got friends there, made plenty of trips there. Have done contract work in and around Tulsa. One of my uncles used to live in OK City. Ex-wife used to show dogs on the AKC circuit their kennel was in Norman. I went through MEPS in OK City in 1982
Minnesota- been to Carver and through Minneapolis. My sister and her husband and family used to live there. Have a friend lives n Eureka Springs, AR that has a second home there.
Georgia- never been there but I hear that Glocks are made in that state and now Taurus handguns! Not sure why they left Florida? If anyone has the low down skinny on that ordeal, please let me know.

Hope I've covered all the bases here other than NWA (northwest Arkansas). I used to live there too. Springdale and Fayetteville. Spent time in the entire region on various construction projects, commercial and industrial projects as master electrician. Did plenty of years hardcore industrial maintenance. Five + years working on hammer forge equipment and induction heating for tool manufacturer. I went through the terrible ice storm of 2009 AND the 2011 snow storm with 32 inches of snow dumped on the area. Fun times indeed. My 4x4 was a bulletproof champ through all of it.
Anyway, had to get out of there. The city life was poisoning me.

Anyhoo- glad to be here and y'all been too kind.
PM anytime for anything I reckon.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Welcome from Central Arkansas!
Thanks and I'm honored this is your first post as well. I have plenty friends down there in AR central. My wife is down there this week taking ACIC classes. Back in the day used to do the car show circuit and cruise nights. One of my first car show trophies was Benton.

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Florida Keys!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts