Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, just joined up today and was instructed to introduce myself here. Not exactly sure what I should say so please bear with me. I tend to ramble. lol

I've been shooting as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is of the day I was lucky enough to sit on my uncle's lap as he held his 30-30 rifle and allowed me to pull the trigger. Been hooked ever since. Due to financial hardships, I've been forced away from the shooting scene for a while. I'm currently paying off debts and have hopes of being able to purchase a new firearm around the time of my birthday in November. My top two choices currently are either a Marlin 336 30-30 rifle or the new Taurus 992 tracker revolver. A Mossberg 590A1 is close runner up.

I've been a member of many firearm related forums over the years, none seemed to stick. Add in the fact that it's been long enough since I've been in the shooting scene and a replacement of my old PC and I simply don't remember the login information for many of those sites and just don't see rejoining as being worth it really. I very much like the PG13 rating of this site found in the site rules post. I find that far too many forums have long since drifted away from the family friendly atmosphere that I enjoy being a part of. As I said, I just joined up today so I haven't had a chance to see how much this site follows that PG13 rating. I hope that it is truly a family friendly site.

Just to add this in, my all time favorite revolver would be a toss up between the Taurus 627SS4 and the NEF R92 in matte blue finish. My favorite pistol would surely be my old reverse two tone Sig 229 .40 that I find to be quite unique since I've yet to find another exactly like it. Shot thousands of rounds through it and loved every minute. Favorite shotgun is undoubtedly the Mossberg 590A1 with 20" barrel and ghost ring sights. When it comes to rifles, I'm an equal opportunity fanatic. Everything from Bushmaster's to Saiga's to lever rifles. Never had much experience with long range bolt rifles since my land is limited to 75yd shots or less. Never owned any black powder firearms and was only able to pull the trigger on one a single time. Non-firearm experience is limited to just a crossbow I had a while back but simply never grew on me. I've never had any formal firearm training, basically just self taught. However I am skilled enough to have been promoted to rifle team captain in my high school JROTC program.

I firmly believe in the philosophy of an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Violence solves nothing in my opinion. Defense of one's self and family is becoming more and more needed but I have no wish to take a life. I'd much rather be looked up as weak and gutless than to be looked at as a killer. I am a firm believer that inside every woman, sometimes deeper than most care to look, lies a princess and all women should be treated as such. I respect my elders, all military, law enforcement, firefighter, and EMT personnel. I value honesty and loyalty above any other traits and generally look at myself as an all around nice guy.

See, told ya I rambled! LOL Anyway, I'm thankful for the opportunity to join up here and look forward to being a member of this site. If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. On the off chance that I upset or offend you or if you have any other type of problem with me, please contact me privately so that we may work towards a peaceful resolution.

Thanks for reading and I hope all of you have a great day!

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Welcome form north Texas! I don't think you can go wrong with that Marlin!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
32,090 Posts
Welcome from Lubbock, TX. Alot of great folks hear and a couple of grumpy folks with hardening of the arteries and a tad left of center. You'll figure them out fairly quick!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've been a member of many firearm related forums over the years, none seemed to stick.
I know what you mean...been there, done that a few times, too! :icon_rolleyes:

I very much like the PG13 rating of this site found in the site rules post.
This is one of the features which I appreciate so much about TaurusArmed.net.:happy:

I find that far too many forums have long since drifted away from the family friendly atmosphere that I enjoy being a part of. I hope that it is truly a family friendly site.
You will find, in very short order, that this is, indeed, a family friendly site, and our asute and capable moderators see to it that it stays that way. :judge:

I value honesty and loyalty above any other traits and generally look at myself as an all around nice guy.
Alright...we need another role model like you around here!:thumb:

I'm thankful for the opportunity to join up here and look forward to being a member of this site.
And we are thankful that you chose TaurusArmed.net as your new handgun forum.

Welcome!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Administrator
40,097 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A couple things, first it seems that the whole 'don't mess with Texas' sayings must be true because not only does it appear that all Texans own guns (no surprise there though) but it also seems that they're all on this forum. lol

Second, thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome. I already feel quite at home.

Next, MilProGuy, thank you for your personalized welcome. However, I in no way see myself as a role model (and yes I know you were just joking around) instead I simply see myself as being one of the few people my age (I'm only 27) that live by the morals and values that have seemed to become lost over the years. In my future posts, I'm sure it will become quite clear that I was simply born in the wrong era. WARNING: Rambling ahead!!!

I've pretty much always felt that I was indeed born in the wrong era. I've never been completely sure of what era I should have been born in though and still to this day haven't figured that out. For quite some time I firmly believed that I should have been born in the early 1960's to somewhere around the early 1970's. A lot went down back then and I would have felt very comfortable there. The top three things that occurred during that time was 1) Vietnam, 2) Civil Rights Movement, and even though this started happening a good while before that era it really picked up during that time. Anyway, the 3rd and last (but certainly not least) big thing that happened during that time was the Women's Rights Movement. I'll start by saying that I support women's rights as much as men's rights, we're all people just with different plumbing. I'll continue by saying one of the biggest reasons for not rejoining the last firearm forum I was a member of is that I'm a VERY strong supporter of Civil Rights. In my eyes, it simply doesn't matter if you're white, black, or even if you're pink with purple polka dots, in the end we are all human and regardless of sex, race, religion, or any other difference you could mention we all deserve to be treated as equals. Simple as that. My feelings regarding Vietnam are quite extensive though. As I said, I'm only 27 so obviously I wasn't there. However, I studied and researched that war so much over the years that I actually had very vivid dreams of being in battle there when I was in high school. I would have gladly volunteered if for no other reason than to lessen the chances of someone less willing to go being drafted. Difficult times, difficult choices, but the will of an American soldier is ageless. For that I actively seek out any and all chances to shake the hand of any veteran from any war I meet and thank them for their service. I'm sure a few vets are on this board so I'd like to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all who served and of course POW/MIA - You will NOT be forgotten!!! Also, to all the men and women fighting for our freedom this very instant I'd like to send out just as big of a thank you and would like to say keep up the good work and come home safe!

Moving on, as I grow older and study history more and more (which surprisingly was my least favorite subject in school) I begin to feel more and more that I would have been most comfortable somewhere between the late 1800's when the west was won and when a man's word was the only true possession he ever had and the constant reminder that if he ever lost it, then it was indeed lost forever. Somewhere between then all the way back to the era of the early 1200's would have been my preferred era to live in. In case you aren't aware, the early 13th century is when the tales of Robin Hood began to appear. Just in case you all haven't seen it, the 2010 version of the Robin Hood movie is just straight AWESOME and a definite must see movie. Honor, loyalty, respect, those were unspoken terms back then simply because it was such an innate part of day to day life. One word however that was often spoken was 'freedom' and the simple mention of that word does and always will send shivers up my spine. America itself is young and in my opinion spoiled. Go back and research in depth those days and you'll truly see the meaning and values of freedom itself. Freedom is above any and all things created both by mortal and Gods alike.

Okay, I think I'm done rambling for now. lol Anyway, again thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome and I look forward to participating in any way I can around here.

·
Super Moderator
40,583 Posts
again from the Florida Keys! :wave:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts