Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am new to this post and i am going to buy a PT145 this weekend at a very large local gun show here in Houston i have done research on these guns and find bad reviews and good but i was wondering how to tell if a millennium's Gen. is 1,2 or 3
is it just by if it says Pro on it or are there diff. features on it
The reason i ask is it is a very large show and i would like to buy a 3rd Gen. and i dont want to be suckered in by ignorance
also if some one could tell me the diff. between a millennium 745SS and a 745B i see both for sell at local gun shops with about a $80 margin ??? ??? ??? ???

Any response will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am not sure but I plan to go to that same gun show this weekend as well. I just hope my wife will allow me to part with my money and and another gun to my collection.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Here's one answer:

745B= blued slide

745SS= stainless steel slide

Remember, the PT745 is of the single stack magazine variety. You'll lose 4 rounds capacity compared to the PT145.

Calling Taurus with the serial number is the definitive way to tell what generation you have. I believe the following will also work but correct me if I am wrong:

1st gen: Has PT145 on the slide (No Pro, No Millenium markings)
2nd gen: Has PT145 on one side and Millenium Pro on the other.
3rd gen: Has PT145 Pro on one side and Millenium on the other.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do a search............i have seen a writeup with lots of details and also pictures of the different generations. mainly the largest difference is the SA/DA trigger v.s the DAO trigger on gen one. Also, the attachment-rail for lasers or flashlights, but then again who would put those things on a small pistol as the Millenium anyways :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Isn't the 3rd Gen. the first one to have Heinie sights? Thank Goodness, my 3rd gen. PT111 doesn't have a rail to hang fancy gadgets.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I saw some where that there is a 4th generation. Not sure what the difference is between 3rd and 4th.

3rd gen have the heinie sights with dovetails, SA/DA trigger- first pull after racking slide is a short single action pull almost at the very end of the pull. The second pull is a long double action that pulls the striker back and fires in one motion. The 3rd gen have Millenium on the left side of the slide and pt145pro on the right.

2ndgen have screw on sights, a DOA trigger and has PT145 on one side and Millenium Pro on the other .

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Look in the FAQ's. There's a nice list in there about the generation identification of the MilPro's. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recently bought a PT145 Blued/Black for $350 here in PA. I entered my serial in the "Find my model" page on taurususa.com and it came back with no info found. Not a big deal, I'm just a bit confused on the serial explanation given saying that the 3rd letter of the serial indicates the month of production A-L, my serial is NAS35***. Can someone explain this to me?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The "Find my Model" option on the Taurus website is not very accurate in my opinion. I used it for my PT145, 24/7, Judge, and 444MULTI---all of which returned "0" results. Upon calling Taurus and reading the serial numbers to a rep I was given all the info I needed. So my suggestion is to call Taurus customer service-- they will have what you are looking for.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yes NYPD the same thing on all my Taurus none of mine are in the "Option"

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thanks to all that had something to say, I say a lot of pt145 gen 3 for $280-$300 at the show but i found out that they make a 24/7 series in a 4" that is .75 longer then the millenium and i like the feel better so i will buy it at the next show they where $300 as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts