Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after fooling around with a 38 spl. revolver and a 380 auto, I decided that my 709 is the best combo for me in regards to size, weight, capacity and punch for my EDC piece.

So I have the all black model and I noticed the front of the gun is sharp and so are the areas near the ejection port. I was thinking of rounding them out with a dremel and sandpaper. If I do that, how do I go about getting the color back to black to match the rest of the slide?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Brchwood Casey makes some "cold" bluing products, but it won't be an exact match because Taurus used another process. I recommend that you first call Taurus and ask if modifying the pistol, using your process, voids the warranty. I see no reason it should, but I'm not Taurus trying to get out of a repair job.
https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Refinishing/Metal-Finishing/Perma-Blue®-Liquid-Paste-Gun-Blue.aspx

I once used flat black spray paint on the metal parts of an old, near worthless, military rifle. It still looked good when it was stolen 15 years later.

Reactions: pradeep1

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem leaving as it is - unless you carry without a holster, no sharp edges should matter if holstered.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I would probably use dura coat and bake it on. I used it on an AK47 and a BRNO Mauser I rebarreled and both still look good after about 15 years.

Reactions: pradeep1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts