Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like the title says, I want to remove the bead. Is it screwed on or glued or pressed?
I'd like to not wreck it if possible. Just wondering if anyone had any insight to share. Sorry about the fuzzy pic.
Thanks.
Bumper Office equipment Automotive design Automotive exterior Trigger

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
It's probably soldered on.

·
Super Moderator
39,338 Posts
Put a hot soldering iron on it for a little bit and drive it out with a wooden dowel or brass/nylon punch. Some dovetails are milled on an angle to work left to right or vice versa. See if you can eyeball the dovetail. The heat will defeat any Loctite they used.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just trying to remove the brass bead. Not the entire front sight. But since you mentioned it, I read where you should drive out gun sights from left to right. Seems they are made with a slight, lead-in beveling on the right side.

·
Super Moderator
39,338 Posts
Ahhh....mine did that all by itself! Maybe apply the soldering iron heat and yank/twist off with a needle nose pliers/vise grip?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Brass bead was missing from my 92 which I bought second-hand. First I 'painted' the front sight with white acrylic paint, then had a re-think.. I had an old HiViz shotgun sight so I got a piece of that, cut it down to about 1/8th inch and fixed it where the bead sits with some Gorilla glue.. it appears to work ok, 100 rounds downrange and it's still firmly in place - though I have no idea for how long..!!

Reactions: Czechbikr
1 - 6 of 6 Posts