Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
step 1 marry a gun fanatic
step 2 mom becomes dissabled have to take care of her move into house and buy it
Step 3 get husband to buy u a pistol
step 4 get cc permit
step 5 strap it on wnd walk arround YOUR house with it showing open carry

LOOK ON ANTI GUN MOMS FACE every time she walks past

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's not the best way to get someone to change their mind about guns IMO. But good luck.

·
Super Moderator
37,033 Posts
Maybe Mom needs a gun safety course to help her feel more comfortable with the idea?

(PS...love your avatar!)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Shoot. Sometimes it's just fun to irritate your mom.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
My Mom can draw a frying pan faster then most men can draw a gun.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
step 1 marry a gun fanatic
step 2 mom becomes dissabled have to take care of her move into house and buy it
Step 3 get husband to buy u a pistol
step 4 get cc permit
step 5 strap it on wnd walk arround YOUR house with it showing open carry

LOOK ON ANTI GUN MOMS FACE every time she walks past

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the "voice of experience" speaking?

I mean, uh, well, uh, have you taken all five steps? :confused::)

·
Registered
29,949 Posts
Don't have that problem, the mother in law has shot more deer this season than I have in the last 3.

·
32,659 Posts
Actually it might be wise to get mom to go to a NRA Refuse to Be a Victim seminar. The focus is not on guns, but on crime prevention for the individual. Women flock to those and the seminar is one of the best out there. My family and self went to one a few years back.

That would be for her, yourself, and others and so something in a positive light. While pulling someone's chain can be fun at times it's not something you want to continue to do. It can also be cruel. Being mature about this is called for.

Improve your personal safety strategies with NRA’s Refuse To Be A Victim® Program.

Experts agree that the single most important step toward ensuring your personal safety is making the decision to refuse to be a victim. That means that you must have an overall personal safety strategy in place before you need it.

Watch the
Promotional Video Through a four-hour seminar (shorter presentations are available) called Refuse To Be A Victim®, you can learn the personal safety tips and techniques you need to avoid dangerous situations and avoid becoming a victim.

Hundreds of federal, state, and local law enforcement officials across the country have implemented Refuse To Be A Victim® into their crime prevention and community policing initiatives.

Here are just a few of the topics presented in the Refuse To Be A Victim® seminar:

Home Security
Personal Security
Automobile Security
Workplace Security
Technological Security
NRA has other "Programs" (Click on that tab and then on "Women's Programs" tab) that can help. Even the "Eddie Eagle" program at NRA would show that you care about others rather than "sticking it too the gal".

This would make things turn out well and get everyone concerned trained in gun or personal safety.

I'd rather have my blood and immediate family more educated on things like this than not. It benefits everyone and may come in handy from being a victim in the future. That's for anyone around you or yourself.

I had an rabid anti-gun mother, but did not go out of the way to disrespect or cause major ill will. Life is short enough.

Latter in life she learned that we could agree to disagree. Facts given to her did not change her mind or ways. I had to deal and respect that. She did her best to also deal with it.

My mom actually had a epiphany. A rabbit razed her vegetable and flower gardens to the bare earth several times. She who never ever swore before in her life wanted the *&^$#@ thug rabbit DEAD!

I had to wait until the next door neighbors left for the day and popped that bad boy rabbit with a CO2 S&W .38 Special look alike Crosman repeater pellet revolver. One shot to the brain. I had to go over the neighbors fence because the fershlinger rabbit made it into their yard before expiring. The flip did it when he died.

The neighbors never found out though they missed the wild bunny. They had been feeding the little so and so!! That would have led to more bunnies and more devestation in the neighborhood. I've seen this kind of thing happen too many times before.

After that things were a bit easier. She knew I was a moderator at a gun forum and was proud that had happened. As for guns. No way where she was concerned. We both joked about such things but never went out of our way to gall the other.

You can do what you want. It's your life. There are possible consequences down the road though you might not like in the future.

Not preaching. Just things to consider.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
In the end, this is YOUR house, and therefore YOUR rules. Your mom should remember that from her time in charge of you.

That said, why aggravate your mom? She could well become an advocate for the Second Amendment with a little understanding on the part of your husband and you. The NRA Refuse to Become a Victim idea is a sound one.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Im not allowed to take my guns to my inlaws. I guess when the Mother-outlaw was young she was a wild child and picked up a couple felonies. Occording to them (kinda antigun anyway) that in Ohio felons cant have anyone with a gun in their house or anything like that. So quick solution, I DONT goto their house, I just let the wife go and I get a lil vacation! lol

·
32,659 Posts
Thanks Warthog.

It's too easy to 180 degree something like this with disasterous results.

Just thought of something else.

Cornered Cat This can be seen by the ladies and gone through. Even the anti-gun faction. With all the data that Kathy Jackson gathered there is a lot of excellent shooting related items in their for everybody. The idea is not to turn a anti-gunner into a convert.

What it will accomplish is to inform people to the facts of guns,shooting, and what it entails from a women's point of view. It matters not which side of the coin the reader is on. I find that some people may disagree with things, but because they learned the facts make things easier all the way around for everyone concerned. There's no guarentees. Every little thing can be of help.

That's all that can be asked for.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
As Qwiks draw wisely advises, you should try to get her some training. Especially these days, 'predators' will always seek easy 'prey'.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My mother ( bless her pea pickin hart ) carried as long as I can remember n I'm 67 and when she past she left me her SNS .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts