Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a new, but 14 year old PT92. I would like to take the mag apart, but cannot figure out how to take off the base plate.

I have searched the forum, but could not find what I was looking for.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine are pretty simple. There is a hole in the base plate, with a pin sticking thru it. Push the pin in using a fingernail, screwdriver, pocketknife, what ever you have, and slide the plate forward. Go slow so the spring doesn't pop out. It's a big spring, so it would be easy to find if it did, but the follower could end up god knows where.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Theres a little button in the center of the base plate, just push that in (may need to use a pen or something) and slide the base plate forward (the directions the rounds point). They tend to be very stiff, so expect the first time to be a PITA.

You beat me to it by seconds Tuba! :p

·
Registered
382 Posts
Rackir said:
Theres a little button in the center of the base plate, just push that in (may need to use a pen or something) and slide the base plate forward (the directions the rounds point). They tend to be very stiff, so expect the first time to be a PITA.

You beat me to it by seconds Tuba! :p
And I even had to get up to take a look at them just to make sure I was right. ;)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
tubaman said:
And I even had to get up to take a look at them just to make sure I was right. ;)
LOL, Same here. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Whatever you do, do not oil it up inside.
The mags do not need it and it will make it have feed failures.
They are made to just be kept clean.
A little Hoppes and an internal swabbing will do the trick!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
push in the tab on the bottom of the base plate.. a screw driver, key, pen, or in the field the nose of a round (fmj works good) to press it in.

then slide the base plate forward, be care to hold the spring in with your thumb, if not controlled they can fly out with considerable force.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts