Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to convert the PT99/PT92 15-round magazine into a 17-round magazine. It looks like it may be as simple as changing the follower. If so where can I buy the 17-round followers?? I have 4 or 5 15-rounds that I would like to convert.

My apologies if this has been asked before. I did a search but did not find the info.

Thanks,
BK

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On further examination the spring designs are different between the 2 different capacity mags. So it looks like only the magazine body is the same and all of the internals are different. If that is the case then changing to the newer 17-round internals may not be cost-effective (assuming I can find the parts).

BK

·
Registered
10 Posts
just buy a mecgar optimum it is 17 fromthe factory, or grind down the legs on the follower, add a plus 2, are there dents on the bottom of the mag body, if so drill the dents out.

i am a mag mod kind of guy.

look
DSCF7389.jpg
DSCF7342.jpg
DSCF6740.jpg

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Holy Toledo! What a magazine!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Holy Toledo! What a magazine!
yep, and it is a glock 29 10mm too. that makes 49 rounds by my count, i stopped filling it at 49, im sure i could have got 5-6 more in there.

other two are the same mag, i make all my cz mags fit my sig, and that big mag in the sig and cz is froma ruger p95

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
yep, and it is a glock 29 10mm too. that makes 49 rounds by my count, i stopped filling it at 49, im sure i could have got 5-6 more in there.

other two are the same mag, i make all my cz mags fit my sig, and that big mag in the sig and cz is froma ruger p95
How did you modify the P95 mag to fit into the Sig Pro?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts