Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I don't need all that. I use the trunk monkey.

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Physics is a b***h!

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
The former LEO in me doesn't like the idea of trying to beat tickets.......:mad:
Pfft. Issuing UCC citations isn't what I call good peace officer work, anyway. I have stated my position from both sides of the window - it's a game. One side is the hunter, the other the hunted. Fun is to be had from both sides.

OK, my position has changed drastically with the insane rise in the price of gas. Nowadays, I am more likely to be cited for impeding the flow of traffic! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
One factor is the $400 fine. The 8th Amendment to the US Constitution prohibits excessive fines. Their red light camera tickets are like $500. Everyone in LA stopped paying them, so they pulled the cameras there.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Danged good for them! At LEAST have a cop hand me the ticket!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
They started putting up cameras at all the major intersections near me within the last year. I don't think they're red light cameras. In fact I don't really know what they're there for but I still give them the finger when I drive by just to be safe. Probably on another list now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The judge probably ruled the guy not guilty just to shut him up, and get him the hell out of the courtroom.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A win is a win. I've seen Judges do stuff like that if they are in a hurry. It was likely their lucky day for anyone else in the courtroom with the same ticket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts