Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
What I remember reading before going to Yellowstone was that it is completely legal for me to conceal carry, but illegal to discharge a firearm for any reason inside the park - even self-protection.
So what good is it if it's illegal to fire?

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,300 Posts
There comes a time when you are forced to make a decision. Do I, do what I think is needed to protect my family and myself, OR should I be “politically correct”.

Cameleon did his research and followed his gut. Right or wrong it all worked out.
Job Well Done!
Smile Gesture Triangle Happy Font

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
What a stupid law. I'm sure some antigun jerks came up with this. Always looking for a way to circumvent a sensible law that pertains to firearms. Anyone know the penalty?
Well it is our government, isn't it? A law being proclaimed "stupid" by the likes of a mere citizen is no deterrent to their lust for control. You may even be branded an insurrectionist or a domestic terrorist.

Reactions: cameleon

·
Registered
37,957 Posts

some of my favorite old Gun Advertisements are from Colt , especially touting the 38 Automatic round!
they have them killing lions, bears, elephants and about anything that walks on the earth!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,300 Posts
Well it is our government, isn't it? A law being proclaimed "stupid" by the likes of a mere citizen is no deterrent to their lust for control. You may even be branded an insurrectionist or a domestic terrorist.
Or a,
a,
a,
Deplorable!
😱

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
some of my favorite old Gun Advertisements are from Colt , especially touting the 38 Automatic round!
they have them killing lions, bears, elephants and about anything that walks on the earth!
Maybe it's true, but only out of a Colt.

There are no shortage of folks who believe that certain firearms possess the capability to inexplicably reduce the effectiveness of a cartridge, like how folks believe that .45 ACP is somehow rendered anemic if fired from a Hi-Point or how .45 Long Colt becomes weak, unstable, and 100% inaccurate if fired from a Taurus Judge.

So if that's true, then the reverse must also be true, and therefore any cartridge fired from a Colt becomes several times more effective because Colts are just so well made that they can bend the laws of physics, just like how Hi-Point and Taurus are so poorly made that they can bend the laws of physics in the opposite direction.

Alas, the Colt 1903 Vest Pocket Pistol is long out of production and whatever magic or dwarven craftsmanship enabled them to be so extremely effective has most likely dwindled over the past century, so there's no way to ever confirm or debunk Colt's claims.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Getting back to Iver Johnson, way back in the late 1990's, I inherited a late Grandfather's firearms, which included an Iver Johnson .22 LR Revolver, made back in the 1920's or so.
It was his only handgun and served as his main Home Defense weapon. It was not fired very often and remains in very good condition.
Not to worry, I've no plans to go Bear Hunting with it, anytime soon. ;) My Interarms .30/06 Mark X Mauser Rifle would fill the bill for that. :)

Iver Johnson .22 LR Revolver

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Getting back to Iver Johnson, way back in the late 1990's, I inherited a late Grandfather's firearms, which included an Iver Johnson .22 LR Revolver, made back in the 1920's or so.
It was his only handgun and served as his main Home Defense weapon. It was not fired very often and remains in very good condition.
Not to worry, I've no plans to go Bear Hunting with it, anytime soon. ;) My Interarms .30/06 Mark X Mauser Rifle would fill the bill for that. :)

Iver Johnson .22 LR Revolver
That is a beauty.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts