Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having only handled one of these in a gun store, I can't really tell how secure the grip on the 24/7 is.

Living in Texas, and sweating quite easily, I like a very secure grip. The Mil Pro grip is excellent, but I really want a 24/7 as I don't plan on ever carrying concealed.

Is the 24/7 ribber grip as secure as the Mil Pro checkered grip?

TIA

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think the rubber grip may be a better grip for the bare hand, then the 24/7 in 45cal. is. The 9mm & 40cal. have the rubber grip, unlike the 45cal. which is more like the PT145 style pistols.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I owned the 9mm, and the grip is a joy to shoot. My first reaction was that it was a "slip on" type like the Hogue types, but it has no give or twist in it at all. I put around 1000 rounds through the gun and it was the most comfortable grip I've had... which includes the Hogue finger grips that I have on several of my guns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the 24/7 pro in .40 and the rubber grip is a rock ... I too am in the Texas Central Hill Country and It doesn't matter what the weather is the PT 24/7 Pro is a rock ...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love the feel of the 24/7 pro grip when I was feeling out several guns in the shop. I would say that and the thumb safety and integrated key lock was 90% of the reason i settled on the 24/7 Pro.

After putting several hundred rounds through the gun I can now say that the ergonomics of the grip is 2nd to none. I really don't ever want to go back to shooting a straight grip. It feels like an extension of my hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts