Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once A Year Or Less

• I Don't -- I Just Like To Collect Them

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the question. How often do you shoot your firearms? I'd personally like to shoot on a daily basis but time constraints don't always permit me to, though I do shoot at least once a week, usually between 3 or 4 times a week.

Just to make things more interesting, what is currently the firearm you're shooting the most? It doesn't have to be your favorite firearm, only the one that sees more range time than any of the others. ;D That's a tough call for me since I've been rotate through the ones I own (and the ones I'm adding to the collection) but I'd have to say the PT92 sees the most action.

Administrator
Once a week for me. 100 to 300 rounds. Currently PT145 Mil Pro is getting the action.

Registered
I shoot a few times a week (3 or 4), I too used to shoot on almost a daily basis. I tend to focus more on quality practice than quantity now, sometimes I only shoot 1 shot.
My Buckmark .22 sees the most action, then my time is split between the larger bore revolvers.

Registered
I only get the chance to shoot on the weekends and not all of them. I'd love to be able to go put a few rounds out every day.

My usual guns to shoot are my 22/45 and my M94 as they're the cheapest to shoot. Beyond that it'll be my XD and my M85. I haven't had my long guns out for a bit but usually when I get a chance to go shooting I'm either mowing or doing other work first so there's been weekends that I'm just not up for it and I brought the gear out hopping... Got a feeling thats how its going to be tomorrow.

Steelheart

Super Moderator
Not often enough anymore. I try to get out there every month at least once. I'm awful busy this year with work, though, and managed about 5 range trips so far this year and a couple of those were in February.

Registered
Since we had kids my range trips have diminished to about once a month. Sad considering that I live 3/4 mile from the entrance to 30K acres of BLM land and a decent public rifle and pistol range.

I generally go out for a few hours at least once a month and take a couple of .22 rifles, a .22 pistol, my 1911 and PT145, PT92, and my daily carry Taurus 651 and an AK and AR or two. I probably go through about 3-500 rounds not counting rimfire.

Registered
Being one of those nasty ol' truckum drivers, I can't make it to the range nearly as often as I'd like. As soon as I win the lotto and build my own range, I'll put a bunk in the scoring shack.

Registered
Not as often as I'd like.

Registered
Lately once or twice a month. I have gotten there the last three Tuesdays on my way to a jam session, though. I'm going to try and make it four in a row.

Registered
Every 2-3 months, Whenever time allows. Wish I could afford to do it more and had more time to do it!

Registered
If I had the chance I would shoot everyday, all day.... Generally twice a week regardless of weather, nice to know which of my firearms can handle severe weather, so far every Taurus passes the test.

Registered
Minimum, once a week. I'm going to start going more when it cools down. The indoor ranges that I attend are NOT air conditioned and it makes it a bit uncomfortable.

Typically, I go with MrNuke every weekend. Weather permitting. It's an outdoor range close to both of our houses and we always have a blast. ;) The guns do too hehe.

Registered
Not nearly as much as I'd like to. I try to get to the
range two times a month. And that's not often enough.
Something always seems to get in the way. As soon as
I get my Dillon RL550b up & cranking again, I will get more
shooting in.

I did a lot of reloading on Long Island, before I moved down
here to Tulsa. Sometimes I would go shooting twice a day,
once in the morning, then again in the evening, trying out
different loads. :) :D

Registered
I have been trying to shoot about once or twice a week about 200 rounds each time. I'm using my PT-145 for the majority of my shooting.

Registered
I try to get to the range at least twice a month but with all the things life throws at you, sometimes the weekends just seem to be too full to get any shooting in. :(

Registered
Taurus_9mm said:
That's the question. How often do you shoot your firearms? I'd personally like to shoot on a daily basis but time constraints don't always permit me to, though I do shoot at least once a week, usually between 3 or 4 times a week.

Just to make things more interesting, what is currently the firearm you're shooting the most? It doesn't have to be your favorite firearm, only the one that sees more range time than any of the others. ;D That's a tough call for me since I've been rotate through the ones I own (and the ones I'm adding to the collection) but I'd have to say the PT92 sees the most action.
I shoot twice per week without fail. My Glock 19 is always the primary weapon I shoot and just very recently, I've added a Taurus 905 (9mm) to the mix. Strictly for fun, I usually also include a .22 of some sort. Three weapons is about all I can realistically handle in one shooting session.

I can attest that after firing 3-4 mags through my G19 in 112 degree heat, the weapon becomes a "weenie-roast" looking for a place to happen. ;D

g19erusa

Registered
g19erusa said:
I can attest that after firing 3-4 mags through my G19 in 112 degree heat, the weapon becomes a "weenie-roast" looking for a place to happen. ;D

g19erusa
I take it that you don't use a Smart Carry or Thunderwear type holster do you for your G19? ;D

Steelheart

1 - 20 of 48 Posts